Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Nova stood at the entrance to the most reputed club the Dungeon. Even from the outside she could here the loud pumping music. A big bouncer stood in front of the doors casting a lethal glare on all those who was stupid enough to enter. He reminded her of a gargoyle guarding the gates of hell. And here she stood in Mark's sister's most skimpiest outfit, six inch high heels and makeup of a prostitute.

Sarina owed her big time. Of everything her flighty twin had done this seems to be the most outrageous. She should leave Sarina. Let her deal with.... no Nova couldn't do it. She couldn't leave Sarina to the images playing her head. They were horrific and she loved Sarina too much for that. Sarina better be dang well grateful when she sobers up.

And on that note, Nova handed the gargoyle looking bouncer her Fake id. She stood there twitching with nerves as he scanned for authenticity. Finally after a few grunts he handed it back and opened the door. She felt relief swamp her, you did it Mark!

As she entered, the music almost blasted her back out the door, the very air hummed the atmosphere of sex and alcohol. It almost sent her running back out to the street. No she thought, this is for Sarina. Sarina will not be harmed by some stranger, not before she killed her herself.

She gazed out searching for any sign for her sister. Deciding the bar would be a good place to start she starting weaving through the crowds past some drunken partiers and to the bar. The bar was pretty full but she managed to squeeze in between to young men dressed as vampires.

"A ginger ale please" she asked the bartender when she finally aroused his attention.

When she had her drink, she slowly started scanning the crowd for any sign of Sarina. She observed a group of unique men in a corner table at the other end of the dance floor. Strange that they stood out in this crowd. There were people dressed as vampires, witches, warlocks, werewolves and elves. Some of the costumes were really silly while others looked to be quite dangerous under their pretenses to blend in.

And yet this group radiated of power, and a feel of ruthlessness. Her inner red flags were going off like mad. Stay clear of them she thought, as one of the men turned towards her and winked at her. Time to get moving she thought, as she pushed away from the bar.

She started towards the massive dance floor that was elevated on a platform in the middle of the club. As she climbed up the stairs she spotted her sister. Sarina stood there dancing, if you could call that disgusting display of grinding into a man at least fifteen years her senior. He was dressed as a demon slayer and his hands were in places on Sarina that only fueled Nova's anger.

*~*

Seth sat with some of the most powerful beings of the universe. Apparently it wasn't only demons who were interested in his soul, because a couple angel's were present as well. That surprised him given where they were meeting. He looked them over taking in everyone's presence. Procel and Gusion were here, as well as Baal-berth, but Briathos, a angel whose main job was to thwart demons was here. Umm, odd he thought. Why would she be here?

But that wasn't what really caught his attention, how could any other capture his complete interest than Azrael, the grim reaper? He was the scariest angel alive. Every demon idolized him. He was impartial to both angels and demons alike. How could he when he determined the death of all? His presence alone made him take everything more seriously.

"And if he proves to be unable to corrupt this innocent girl, than his soul is enslaved to Asmodeous." Baal-berth had been stating what the bet had been about, but with the last statement Seth's mind snapped back into the conversation.

"What?" he had to have heard wrong, he didn't remember promising his soul to the master demon. Asmodeous was known as the destroyer, a highly powerful demon who enslaved armies to do his bidding. A little comical considering he owned a gaming house in hell. The stakes were gruesome.