Chapter 12

I reached the Host Club room. I hadn't gone to school for the past three days and I missed school all day today but I came for Host Club activities and guess what? It's empty. They aren't even here. You know, when I woke up, I somehow expected something cheesy to happen. I expected the twins to be by my side, gripping my hand. My mother and sisters crying in the hallway. But I woke up to an empty dark hospital room.

I guess I always confuse real life with fantasy.  I assume it's an issue but honestly living in a fantasy is the only way I know how to live.

The doctor told me it was a bad idea to leave the hospital, but you try being stuck in there all the time. It's not fun.

I sat down on the window seat, staring out the window.  Where's  the host club?

The door squeaked open and I snapped my head to see a little girl walk in with Haruhi struggling behind her holding a mountain of manga.

"Who's he, Bookworm?"

"I don't know, Kirimi, the books are blocking my view of sight." she stumbled inside, toward a couch.

I chuckled and walked toward her taking the top portion of the books. She gasped.

"James! When did you get out of the hospital?? I told your mom to call me when you woke up! When did you wake up??" she dropped her books on the couch and hugged me tightly.

I hugged her back, knowing that's all she really needs right now.

"God... I thought you died." she sighed.

"Are you two gay?"

Haruhi sighed. "Nice moment over. Time to deal with the child." she mumbled.

I chuckled and let her go, turning to Kirimi.

"No Kirimi, I'm not gay." Haruhi sat on the couch.

"What about him?"

Haruhi smirked. "I dunno," she looked at me. "Are you gay, James?"

I stuck out my tongue and laughed. I then put a finger to my lips, turning to Kirimi and shushed, winking.

She opened her mouth in a small gasp. Then grinned, nodding eagerly. "It's a secret!"

I nodded then looked at Haruhi with a risen eyebrow.

"They're helping Nekozawa senpai in the class next door."

'Nekozawa?'

"Uh, you've probably seen him around... Black cloak... Cat puppet..."

I made an 'O' face.

'that's his name lol'

She rolled her eyes. "Renge and the twins are in there, the twins were really worried, the doctors only let family see you if they would've let the twins in, they probably wouldn't leave. They argued with the nurses for half an hour before the doctor came out and told them the seriousness of your health."

'doctors over react'

"Oh my God, get out of the room before I slap you."

I gave her a salute and backed out the room, winking at Kirimi once more. I went to the room next door and opened the door unnoticed. I leaned against the door frame and watched with an amused smirk.

"No!" Renge shouted. "Read the script! That isn't what a princely big brother would say! You're a Prince not an occultist!"

'given, he's a really hot occultist'

I cleared my throat, having all eyes go to me. Nekozawa's face turned red. I looked at the twins whose eyes went from shock to a narrowed glare. Hikaru crossed his arms with a huff and Kaoru pouted, grubling to himself.

"James! You're out of the hospital!" Tamaki cheered.

"And you think Nemo-chan is hot~!" Honey giggled.

I shrugged and nodded.

Said 'neko-chan' turned even more red. Renge ran over to me hugging me tightly.

"I thought you we're dying! James!"

'we all are, I'm just dying faster'

Renge's usually happy go lucky grin was now a worried glare. I always say that, I guess only now does she realise the truth in it.

"...I don't like that..." she mumbled, then cleared her throat and grinned. "Come help us help Nekozawa."

I shrugged and nodded. 'what do I do?'

The twins walked over, linking their arms with mine. "We'll bring him back in a little bit." the stated as they dragged me out.

I made eye contact with Nekozawa who was still pretty pink and winked before the doors closed infront of me. The twins dragged me into a closet and the two of them hugged me, so suddenly that we fell onto the ground. They held onto me so tightly that I couldn't move. I stayed still and let them hug me, each of them had their noses pressed against my neck where I could feel their uneven breathing.

"We were scared," Hikaru mumbled.

"We don't want you to die." Kaoru whimpered

I bit my lip and managed to wrap my arms around the two. I shook my head with a sigh. I'm going to die anyway, the only thing these two can do is send me to a more fancy hospital to die in. They held onto me tighter, they know it's getting worse, they know I'm giving up.

"Don't give up," they mumbled. "Can't you live? Just for us?"

My eyes stung with the unfamiliar feeling of tears as I shook my head and held them tighter, fighting back the tears. I shook slightly as they picked up their heads and looked at my crying form. I avoided their eyes. They looked at me in worry.

"I'm dying... And there's nothing I can do about it." for once I let my fear of death come out, to the only people I trust most.

I moved my hands to my face.

"Stay in the hospital, James, they'll help you." Hikaru's voice was shaky.

"And take your medication, that helps you too." the shake in Kaoru's voice wasn't any better.

I bit my lip and moved my hand to look up at the twins faces, both of them were close to tears. I sniffled and gave them a small smile.

I opened my mouth, hesitant, my board only a few feet away. "I'm sorry." I shook my head.

They both pursed their lips as their eyes became blury with tears. They got off of me and bolted out of the closet. I sighed, huddling myself into a corner, and crying into my hands.

A/N

How bad is it that I cringe at my own writing? Is my writing that bad? Idk if it's bad or not, I'm having fun writing it, lol.