Chapter 14

"Like this?" Carlos asked me.

I looked over his math problem and nodded, he looked happy.

'but you got the wrong answer... Again'

He sighed, looking depressed. "I'll never understand this shit."

I laughed. 'lucky I'm smart, aren't ya?'

"Yea, it's nice to find a smart person who's heart isn't set on going to some private school like Ouran Academy. I don't understand why anyone would want to hang out 24/7 with some rich jerks that don't understand our way of living."

I chuckled and nodded, this isn't the first time he's mentioned his dislike for rich people and Ouran Academy... Good thing I'm not going to tell him I attended Ouran. Its been weeks since I left and I haven't contacted anyone except Haruhi. I told her not to tell them anything, let them think what they wish.

"James?"

I turned around, thinking I'll see someone from school, but seeing the bright blue blazer of Ouran Academy... Daisuke? What the hell is he doing here?

"James! You hadn't been at school or the Host Club for a while so I went to the hospital to see if you were sick again and they said you were as healthy as you could possibly get at this point but they said I could always ask your family, at that point I thought I was screwed, since I didn't remember your address but I bumped into your mother getting you new medication and she told me you were usually at the park right now- why the hell did you just switch school's? Tamaki's dad is the chairman and you're part of the-" I grabbed his hand, dragging him away from Carlos who was staring wide eyed at the scene.

'i didn't want to cause a scene'

"Well everyone at school thinks you died and they missed your funeral!" he scoffed. "The Host Club has been moping and the ladies haven't been showing up because they've been in a glum mood. Mai's been all depressed and won't even leave her room because she's positive you died somehow!"

I looked from side to side, he's being too loud. 'can you keep it down? Carlos doesn't really like rich people.. Or people associated with rich people'

He looked at me in disgust... Pure disgust. I felt my heart shatter and my breath caught in my throat.

"Carlos?" he spat. "You care about Carlos more than us? Well guess what? YOUR BEST FRIENDS ARE RIC-"

I needed him to shut up. So I did the first thing that came to mind that didn't involve talking.

I kissed him.

His eyes widened before closing. I pulled away with pink dusting my cheeks. His face turned red.

"I- I uh.... W- why would you d- do that?"

'...first thing that came to mind.' I scratched my cheek shyly, looking toward the ground.

He nodded and licked his lips. "Uh... I- I did like you for a bit... But uh... Well-"

'you don't anymore?'

He looked away. "I drilled into my head that we're only friends until it finally stuck."

I chuckled. 'i guess I really do suck at timing don't I?'

He rolled his eyes. "A little bit, yea."

'you should go... Carlos is totally expecting some sort of explaination now.. '

"The Host Club doesn't know where you went, I found out from running into your mom at the pharmacy part of the urgent care. You should really talk to them."