Chapter 20

(Well shit guys srry, my brain is literal shit rn and I haven't even looked at Wattpad for like a month or so, but then I was listening to Undo It by Carrie Underwood and my brain was just like 'whoaaaaa ideasssss modivationnnn' and yea, now I'm writing this)

We sat in an awkward silence. He was looking around at all the roses the twins keep bringing me and I was looking at him, he was tense, angry, and he always avoided talking when he was trying to think of what to say. He's thinking, I know not to disrupt his thinking, this is why I like him so much, he thinks before he speaks, unlike the rest of the human race.

"I don't get it." He finally sighed, looking at me.

I nodded. 'There's to get, nothing was happening and nothing is happening'

"Friends don't do things like that, at least not guy friends, it isn't normal."

'we're just really good friends, Will'

"No straight guy sleeps with a gay guy like that unless they're..." He paused. "That's what's happening, this isn't you cheating on me," he shook his head chuckling. "This is them, in love with you."

I stared at him and shook my head. 'they're in love with each other'

"No. That's just an act. They're in love with you James and you're just.... Innocently leading them on, you need to break it off with them, whatever weird friendship you have going, you need to stop, or- or..." He sighed and rubbed his temples. "They'll take you away from me."

I don't know why but I got really angry.

'you don't even come to visit me in the damn hospital and you think you can just waltz in and dictate who I'm friends with???'

"No James, it's not like that..."

'it's exactly like that.'

He bit his lip. "I'm scared James, you're always talking about your death like its normal and like you're not afraid, but I'm afraid. I'm so afraid.... I tried to pretend you weren't in the hospital, that's why I never came to visit, I didn't want to face the fact that you- that you were- were gonna..." he started to cry.

I sighed, my anger washing away as I wrapped my arms around him and brought him close to me as he hugged me and cried into my shoulder. I can never stay mad at him when he starts crying.

I'm sorry William.... I cause you so much pain just by loving you. Maybe that's my curse, my curse isn't my heart. My curse is that all the love I give won't be enough to prepare them for the future, all in all, it will leave them with a heart ache worse than mine.

I rubbed his back gently as he started to calm down and relax against me.

He fell asleep after a while, I adjusted the both of us, so we were laying down, his head on my chest and arms around my waist, my arms around him.

The nurse walked in a little while later. She saw William and smiled softly. I told her about my problems with Will being jealous of the twins. She told me I didnt have to do anything but stay my reasonable self so... That's what I'm doing and it worked. I smiled at her. She smiled and nodded. "I'll come back later." She whispered. I nodded.

~*~

The twins are here again, and so is William. Kaoru is putting today's set of white roses into a vase while Hikaru and William glared harshly at each other. I understand that neither of them gave each other a good first impression but this is a little extra, even Kaoru is sending Will dirty looks. Ahhh so confused...

'Hikaru... what happened at school today?'

I cleared my throat to get him to stop glaring at Will.

"Hm? Oh. Nothing much. Right Kaoru?"

"Yea...?" He looked at Hikaru.

William furrowed his eyebrows. "Lobelia girls came to Ouran-"

'The Zuka club??'

"Yeah them." Will sighed. "They came and wanted Haruhi to go to their school and she's considering it last I heard."

'What??? How is that nothing, Hikaru??'

Hikaru shrugged. "It just isn't, I mean, she's not the only one who's not going to Ouran anymore, at least she's telling us first."

I sighed. 'Why're you bringing this up it was a long time ago already'

"That doesn't mean I've let it go. You left. You didn't say anything. We were worried." He looked at Kaoru who was biting his lip before looking back at me.

'I'm sorry'

He stepped closer, looking like he was gonna hug me but Will cleared his throat, making Hikaru paused and step back with a sigh. William had a firm glare on the two of them. I sighed too, I wanted to hug him. I laid down, pulling the sheet over my head.

I could feel them looking at me. "Alright." William mumbled. "You should rest." I could feel his lips through the sheets touch my forehead. "Let's go." He said to the twins.

"We're gonna stay a bit longer," Kaoru said. "but you can go ahead and leave now." Hikaru added sharply.

I heard him hesitate and see through the thin sheets as he looked back at me then hesitantly left, his feet dragging slightly.

The twins sat on either side of me.

"He's a control freak." Then said in sync.

I chuckled lightly and pulled the sheet off my face, smiling at them. They weren't sitting at close as they usually would... I don't know why that bothered me. Or even why I noticed it. I bit my lip and opened my arms toward Hikaru for that hug from earlier. His eyebrows rose before he relaxed slightly, I didn't even notice he was tense, and hugged me.

"I wanna hug too..." Kaoru whined lightly, nudging the two of us.

Hikaru tightened his hold on me and I chuckled, patting his back for him to let go. He grumpily let go and Kaoru was immediately in my arms, nuzzling his head against my chest. I smiled in amusement, rubbing his head slightly.

I could feel Hikaru staring so I looked up at him and rose an eyebrow. He blushed lightly and looked away, leaving me slightly confused.

I cleared my throat, moving Kaoru away so I could write.

'How's the host club?'

"They're their usual self. The boss is probably more dramatic actually." Hikaru muttered, laying next to me with his head on my shoulder.

"Hm." I mused. 'Sounds like him, tell them to visit me soon, yea?'

The two of them nodded, Kaoru sitting crisscross next to me with his hands resting on my stomach.

"We will." Kaoru smiled happily.

"Kaoru..." Hikaru whined. "Lay down..."

I chuckled as Kaoru listened to his brother and laid down, cuddling into my side. I sighed in comfort as Hikaru adjusted himself. Kaoru rested his head on my chest and we just laid in silence.

"...I like listening to your heart beat." Kaoru mumbled.

I blushed lightly. "Why?" I mumbled quietly.

Hikaru moved his head to my chest too and they were both quiet for a while.

"Because it reminds us you're still here." They mumbled.

I bit my lip and just laid there with them as all three of us fell asleep.

(Srry it's short, that's where my burst of inspiration ends... so... I'll try to update soon...)