Chapter 28

"Finally we get some time with you," the twins snatched me away as soon as Kyoya and I entered the room.

"What were you doing with the shadow king anyway?" Hikaru crossed his arms over his chest.

'Well, you guys probably heard about the Will thing...'

They both tense and nod curtly.

'I was just trying to find out if it was true'

"Who cares if it's true," Hikaru snapped.

"Just... break up with him," Kaoru's tone was softer.

I smiled gently at the two and nodded. 'I'm going to, soon'

"Why not now?" Hikaru nodded his head toward the door as Will walked into the Host Club room.

The many ladies in the room glared at him but we're too proper to attack... yet. He spotted me with the twins and walked over quickly.

"What was that earlier?? Why'd you run off? You know running isn't good for you right now, and you left your wheelchair, you could have a heart attack or something if you over exert yourself!" He said quickly, his eyes and hands scanning over me to make sure I was okay.

I sighed softly as the girls and the hosts surrounded us. He looked around then looked back at me with wide eyes.

I looked around at everyone too before making a hand motion for them to scatter. They complained but eventually left. I nodded for Will to follow me outside to the hall and he did, he looked nervous.

I didn't stop in the hall, I went to the door that enters our neighboring club.

"James..." Will muttered.

I went inside the dark room and made a motion for everyone to leave while keeping direct eye contact with Daisuke.

Soon the room was emptied except for the three of us. The tension was thicc.

Suddenly Daisuke grabs something and starts burning it.

'What is that?' I scribbled out.

"Sage." Will muttered.

Daisuke nodded. "To get rid of negative energy," he circled Will with it.

Will glared at him with his eyebrows twitching in irritation.

I lifted a hand to cover my mouth as I smiled. I cleared my throat and straightened out my expression.

"We need to stop," I spoke up, a lot of speaking today I guess, but this is really something they need to hear, not read. When you read, you infer the tone the person is writing in, you put in your own feelings when you read the text in your own voice and not the voice of the person who is writing. They need to hear this.

They both looked at me in surprise.

"From What Kyoya showed me, you make each other really happy..."

"What did Kyoya show y-"

Daisuke shoved the sage dangerously close to Will's face. "Let him finish."

I smiled and laughed. "Will and I have been together a looong time. And some relationships really aren't meant to last that long, I sorta learned this last night. There are two times of these relationships, true love and sudden love, though it's hard to tell which is which because they're so similar." I looked at both of them, they were definitely paying attention. "But there's a difference, sudden love lasts for merely seconds but fades over time.. but the fading is so sudden you don't notice that you do love each other anymore. True love is much different, it lasts so long, forever even. Thinking of that person makes even the worst days brighten considerably." They looked at each other and I felt an ache in my chest. "Now with that said," I leaned against the wall, slightly out of breath. "I think we should see other people, Will,"

He looked at me and nodded, not able to say anything as I closed my eyes, trying to stop the spinning of my head, it feels like I ran a mile.

"Great," I said my last word and opened my eyes, smiling at the two before stumbling out of the dark room.

"James!" Both of their panicked voices followed me out but I only waved them off, sitting down in the middle of the hallway, leaning my head against the way.

Will stayed by my side while Daik ran to the host club. Everything was pretty much a blur after that, people spoke to me but all I really wanted was some space to breath.

I felt something warm on my hands, and the blur of people around me seemed to lessen as I saw Hikaru and Kaoru crouched in front of me.

I smiled softly at their worried faces and weakly held onto their hands.

"I'm just a little tired," I whispered to them. "I'm fine,"

Their tight grip didn't lessen at all as I closed my eyes, finally seeming to catch my breath but the light headed feeling didn't leave. Slowly, I fell asleep.

A/N

Soooooo ultra short chapter. I know I said that they'll get better but honestly... I suck😂 they're not getting any better. Sorry!

Anyway! Question of the chapter!

What's your favorite song right now? Mine is Most Girls by Hailee Steinfeld, it'll probs change by next week.

Low key that song is supposed to be rlly uplifting but makes me feel hella depressed because I sit on my ass and do nothing all day😂😂

Sorry for typos!