24 || Puntastic

Three weeks later...

"Veronica! You need to come to this party! We just can't miss it." Elena shook my shoulders way too hard to get that in my head.

Apparently, I would understand the importance of the party only if I am shook so hard that my shpulder sockets are about to come out.

"You know El, I am not the one for parties but you don't have to drop your plans because of me. I have an assignment to submit in two days and you know, life's just hectic at the moment." I looked at her convincingly but she snorted out loud, probably catching my lie.

Elena and I met just 3 days ago. Long story short, she was the new student, came to sat by me in my class and complimented my hair. We hit it off right then.

"That assignment is due next Monday. Why do you forget that I am in the same class as yours?!" She sighed, exasperated.

"Okay, okay! I'm not just in for the party at the moment. Give me some time, I will think about it, yeah?" I looked at her hopefully, knowing well that she won't let me deny straight on.

She was too adamant.

Honestly, I had no intentions of going to the party. What good was there in seeing high school students grinding, dry humping and vomitting. I thought that I was better than that and would probably survie without that picture in my head.

And more of all, there was a great probability that Liam Martinez would be there. And honestly, I wanted no business with him whatsoever. He was plain trouble.

"Well...fine! Think about it and I expect your answer to be positive! Just live your life a little." She squeezed my shoulder as if I needed pity for being so antisocoal and awkward.

"Umm, yeah. I will see you tomorrow then." She gave me a grave look.

"I mean today evening if things go as planned..." I quickly corrected myself as we rounded off the corner.

She beamed at me and then jumped in her steps to her way out. I sighed out loud. She was something else, always so chirpy and enthusiastic.

I started making my way to the library when a message popped on my phone.

Asshole: Hey, it's Liam. ;-)

Why was he texting me now?!

Me: Don't text me.

Asshole: But why?!!!

Me: -_-

Asshole: You still angry about that day, babe? Look, I am sorry, okay?

Me : why do you keep irritating me?!

Asshole: because...