Chapter 11 - Thank You

Anyways, I know I uploaded when it only has 96 reads, but heey. It's only 3 reads to spare. And well, Here it goes! :) Thanks for the wonderful banner! :D

***

It had been five days since my very emotional revelation and I might say, it was really, really uncomfortable. I and James have never talked to each other yet. Even in our tutoring sessions, I just discuss it and nothing else. He hasn’t done the task I requested him to do. So, were not going to be friends anymore. I’m ready to entirely remove him from my life now. I’m ready.

I took in a big deep breath and stood up. I was having one of my sulking moments again. But this time, I was in a public place. Mint and I decided to go out and surprisingly, her mother agreed to her this time. Mint’s family is a very conservative one. Even though she’s almost eighteen, she is still treated as a child. Well, like mine. I was starting to worry that she got lost when suddenly,

“Here are our Blizzards.” She commented, a smile spreading on her face. She looks blooming today in her little floral dress paired with cute sandals. We always loved Blizzards. My favorite flavor is Oreos while hers is Reese’s chocolate. I looked up and she sat down on the ‘bar like’ stools inside Dairy Queen. She individually placed our blizzards in front of us and placed the tray on the corner. I picked up mine and started nibbling on it.

“This is so yummy.” I commented delightfully, while having a tone like I just entered heaven. I started scooping a big one and shoved it right into my mouth. The coldness of the vanilla ice cream made me have a brain freeze. After that commotion, I started a conversation with Mint.

“So, what are you planning to do on the weekend?” I asked her. She puckered her lips.

“I’m not sure, maybe I’ll just stare at One Direction’s poster, or maybe just read a couple of books.” She replied, looking at something far away. I turned around but she faced me to her and she said.

“Get your head down” She commands with her eyes wide.

“Why?” I replied, her panicked feeling slowly passing over me.

“Just do it.” She replied. I ducked below the counter and waited for something to come along. When she signaled me to go back up I looked at her confused.

“What was that for?” She took a breath.

“It was James and his stupid clique.”

“What do I care?” I asked, almost finishing my cup.

“Oh, I thought you were still on that moving on state.”

“No, no. I’m in that ‘I already moved on’ state. “

“Oh.” Awkward silence was in the air but we shook it off and started talking again.

***

“Come, let’s go to the park.” Matthew offered me, as he grasps my hand and forcefully pulls me out of the door. I groaned.

“I’m not in the mood to go in the park. I have to...uh... do a project or something.” I replied, ready to go upstairs and run to my room. But his force was too strong.

“Come…on!” He said, finally getting me out when he said ‘on’. I almost tumbled on the porch steps as I tried to compose myself.

Mom came in and asked what’s going on. I said that Matthew was insisting me to go to the park. She frowned and said,

“Go on, honey. It’s going to be a great opportunity for you to bond with your brother. I’ve read this on a blog before.”

“But I have a project…” She held her finger out and said,