Chapter 15- Family Matters

Chapter 15 - Family Matters

Kim's POV

The definition of vacation in the dictionary is 'a period of time that a person spends away from home, school, or business usually in order to relax or travel.' Well, since it is a holiday, Thanksgiving to be exact, I wanted to relax and put the meaning of vacation into action. When I think of vacation I automatically think extra sleep. Going to bed whenever, waking up whenever, long nights, hanging out with friends, all the fun stuff. That's what I used to think too until today...

Since six o'clock in the morning, I've been up cooking and cleaning with my mother. I woke up to my mother's constant voice ringing in my ear telling me to wake up. From there on, I've vacuumed the whole house, cleaned the kitchen, and dusted all the furniture. Did I mention I was still in my PJs and haven't taken a shower yet!? My whole family was coming over around six for dinner. My dad and Nick were preparing the turkey to cook and all the other good stuff. My dad loves cooking for the family more than my mother does.

After smelling like pine-sol and cleaning for five and half hours straight, I took a seat in the kitchen where my father and Nick where. Nick was being immature and sticking his hand up in the turkey laughing his head off. "Tired already?" My dad asks chuckling.

My dad wouldn't understand how tired I am right now. He woke up at the splendid time of nine in the morning with a cup of coffee in his hands and his newspaper and just started working an hour ago. Yeah compare your time with me why don't you, dad!

"You know I understand we're having people over. But I didn't know I'd be taken place in my room." I say, speaking sarcastically as I throw the towel on the counter.

"It's not, we're eating in the dining room, duh." Nick replies not picking up my sarcasm.

"Precisely. So why do I have to clean my room?" I reason, throwing my hair up in a messy pony tail as I spoke to him.

"You've got the easiest job, I wouldn't be complaining." Nick responds in return.

"How about we switch places then, Nick? You clean the house while I do the cooking!" I offer with a pathetic smile.

"Eh, pass that's your assigned job," He says after considering it.

"Thought so," I mumble, sulking in my chair.

Mom walked in, her hair in a tangled mess as she ran around in the kitchen cleaning up after dad's mess. "Hey, uh, mom, is it okay that I invited a friend over arounddessert time?" I ask, playing with my fingers.

"Yeah sure, sweetie. Who is it? Katie?" She asks, putting some things in the fridge and peeking over her shoulder.

"Umm, no. Spencer. Remember the guy I hung out with last Friday." I remind shyly.

"You mean your boyfriend!" Nick teases with a giant smirk on his face that reminded me of Asher. I had such an urge to flip him off, but instead my dad smacked the back of his head when he started laughing at me. Then I started laughing at him. Thanks dad. I rolled my eyes turning my attention back to my mother who was leaning over on the other side of the granite counter.