Chapter 27- Let's Be Normal

Kim's POV

When I walked into school, holding hands with Spencer, he continued to ask what was in the bag I was carrying. He didn't believe me when I said it was a peace offering. Well, some sort at least. I didn't have to ask him to go looking for Maddi or call her up and tell her to meet us, because I knew she'd come looking for him anyways. I shrugged off my thick coat, and hung it in my locker, grabbing my books for my morning classes.

Then Asher showed up. He didn't look happy as usual, but I don't think it's because Spencer is around. "What are you doing tonight?" He asks me, grinning at Spencer briefly before looking back to me.

"Uh, don't know yet. Why?" I question in return. I don't know how fond he'd be if I told him I would probably be going out with Maddi to the mall.

"Championship game is tonight. Are you going to be there?" He states, shifting on his feet. Spencer and I both look at each other, and then my eyes flicker back to Asher, "You already have other plans." He scoffs, rolling his eyes, "Whatever." He mumbles before walking away.

"Asher, wait, no. That's not it." I tell him, catching up to him. I look back at Spencer seeing him uncomfortably following, "You go ahead, I'll meet you at your locker." I tell him. I just needed a moment without him so I could talk to Asher.

He nods his head, running his hand down my arm before turning away, "Wow, you want to spend time with me? By the way, nice study group we had last night-oh wait, there was none." Asher complained when Spencer was out of sight.

"Asher don't start please. I don't want to start the day off with a fight." I warn him, trying to keep up walking in sync, "And as far as that study session goes you never called or texted me back after practice so I just figured you didn't want to study anymore or you were just tired from practice."

"Well I wouldn't have to call or text you to go over before. No, now I have to go through some fucking protocols." Asher grumbles, trying to pin it back on me.

"It's not so hard to pick up your phone and send me a quick text or call. You've done it before and it hasn't killed you. But this isn't what I wanted to talk to you about anyways." I argue, shaking my head when we reach his locker.

"What?" He asks, a bit snappy and ripping his locker door open. A couple of books fall out of his locker. Looking even more annoyed he rolls his eyes, groans, and stares at them on the floor.

I bent down to help pick them up. I noticed, now that we were eye level, his face looked exhausted and under his eyes looked a bit dark, "Have you been sleeping?" I ask him. Maybe that's why he's cranky this morning.

"I'm fine, I got a few hours in last night. What did you want to talk about then?" He says, dismissing the subject quickly and moving on to the next. I handed him his books to put back in his locker.

I sighed, looking up at him and trying to figure things out in my head, "What time is the game?" I ask.

"Seven o'clock." He says in a snap, stuffing notebooks and other stuff in his bag.

"I'll try to make it. I'll promise you that." I told him, shutting his locker door.

"Sure you have time for me?" He scoffs, slinging his backpack over his shoulders and walking away.

"For you? Oh of course." I tell him dramatically even though he was trying to be rude, "My best friend is going to the championships. I can't miss that." I'm one hell of a friend if you ask me. To risk my freezing butt outside for three hours, and one hell of a girlfriend to spend hours shopping with my boyfriend's ex.