Chapter 19- Love Actually

Chapter 19 - Love Actually

Kim's POV

Spencer brought me home after school. I invited him in just like I had done every other day this week. It was weird reminding myself to invite him in. With Asher there was never an invite, he invited himself to stay because he knew I never minded. You may think that's annoying or rude, but I guess at one point I just stopped telling him to come in because he always stayed.

We sat in my living room, surrounding the coffee table with our homework and text books. He tried teaching me a little bit of physics, and I quizzed him on test material for our upcoming History test tomorrow. I wouldn't have minded to bring him up to my room, but ever since last weekend I washed my sheets and comforter due to Asher I still haven't put it down correctly. My room just felt like a mess.

"If X is displacement then Vx is velocity in the horizontal motion, so I'd need to look for t for time?" I answer, slightly uncertain but it could only be that answer.

"Close, in this equation X is actually distance. Y is the displacement for vertical projectile motion. Remember that inside I taught you? Blimp view is horizontal and pirate's view is vertical."

"Right, right I remember now. I knew it could've been one of the two." Damn physics, damn physics all the way to hell. "Now you tell me Dove vs Hawk whom are whom?" I ask, switching it up with the history question.

"Doves oppose war and hawk are all for it and should use stronger military forces. Come on, you've got to give me more challenging questions than that." He chuckles, scribbling something down on his notebook.

"Fine, prepare to be challenged." I scoffed flipping through my history notebook to find more in depth questions.

"Do this problem." He orders, turning his physics notebook toward me. I take a deep breath, looking over the question carefully. In the matter of three seconds I was about to give up because all I see is a grid and a diagonal line from the corner and out. "Hey look, it's snowing." Spencer mentions, a small grin on his lips as he looks out the grand window. 

"It is." I awed, walking up to the window. Little white flurries fell from the sky and it brought me some happiness. I love the snow, it's a beautiful time of the year and it just reminded me that Christmas is getting closer which meant holiday break, presents, Christmas movies, blankets and hot coco! "Want me to make some hot coco?" I offer, crossing my arms over my chest as I slowly walked in the direction of the kitchen.

"Sure, that sounds great. Gives you some time to think about the problem I gave you, which you're avoiding to answer." Spence chuckles, following me into the kitchen.

"It'll come back to me!" I defend, all lies though, I doubt I'll figure it out. I grab milk out of the fridge and a small pot. I estimate two cups and turn on the fire to heat up the milk. I point out the cabinet with the mugs for Spencer so he can take two out, and reach to the top to get the coco powder. "Did you start that new essay prompt for Mr. Bass yet?" I ask, cris crossing my legs over and over again as I sat on top of the counter.

He shook his head, leaning over me with one hand on each side of my body. A slight grin formed on my lips when I realized that, "I don't think I have enough detail to write six different occurrences."

"I only came up with four. I quickly wrote them out. So I have four body paragraphs so far, but I need two more and an intro and conclusion paragraph." I mention to him, feeling anxious every time I looked at his hazel green eyes.