Chapter 40- Graduation

Chapter 40 - Graduation

Kim's POV

2 Months Later

Graduation was creeping upon us. Days were starting to feel like summer. Joined together, friends met at the beach, dancing on the sandy beach to the loud song of Brokenhearted by Karmin along with shouts of laughter, and screams of pure happiness pierced the dark breezy night. The blazing fire sat in the middle of our beach circle with chairs and towels around. Beer cans and soda bottles in almost all of our hands, enjoying one of the best times in our lives.

Asher's hands laced with mine as he spun me around to the beat of the music throwing his head back, howling with laughter, because I can't dance and neither can he. I jumped up and down, moving my hips, singing along with Asher to the lyrics.

See I've been waiting all day

For you to call me baby

So let's get up, let's get on it

Don't you leave me brokenhearted tonight

Come on that's right

Honest baby I'll do anything you want to

So can we finish what we started

Don't you leave me brokenhearted tonight

Come on, that's right, Cheerio

In three short minutes the song quickly came to an end as everyone sat down on their sandy chairs. Sweet Nothing placed next, but someone had turned the volume down slightly as we all started to settle down. I grabbed two cokes out of the cooler then went to sit down on Asher's lap. I bent my head back kissing his lips smiling up to him. I didn't have to say that three letter word, and I didn't have to hear him say it either, because I could see the love deep in his azure eyes.

"Aw, look, the love doves are having a sappy love moment. Let's all aw at them... aww cute." Teased Tyler, sitting across the fire from us. Katie walked over kissing his lips handing him a beer.

"Aw look the love couple are having a love dove moment. Let's all aw at them... aww cute!" I teased back, Asher awing with me. It was only us three really paying any attention.

"Oh shut up. Way to take my line." Ty snorts, pulling Katie down to sit on his lap.

"Can't believe this is our last day being seniors." Dylan mutters nearby with a pretty brunette sitting by his feet. I'm pretty sure she's a senior, and I'm pretty sure her name is Leah, but I've never talked to her out of the four years of high school together, and I've only seen her at this time with Dylan.

"I guess when we get our diplomas tomorrow we'll be done with the place." Katie adds, looking into the fire.

"Who say we're getting diplomas?" Asher joked making everyone in the circle laugh.

I snorted, looking up at him and then around the fire, "Did we really just pull a High School Musical scene right now?" I chuckle, getting everyone to realize with wide eyes. Or at least the girls did at least, none of the guys knew what I was talking about.

Taking a sip of my soda I looked up at the sky searching all the stars scattered in the dark sky, shining oh-so-beautifully. Stars, it's like they resembled us, spread out, and scattered around the sky, like we were all going to be.