Chapter 23- Secrets Are Secrets For A Reason

Chapter 23 - Secrets Are Secrets For A Reason

Kim's POV

Would my best friend be available to hang out today with little ole me?

Asher's text was the first to show up on my phone when I woke up in the morning. I rolled over in my bed, laying on my stomach and burring my face in the pillow. I may be awake but mentally I'm still asleep.

Asher's message was sent thirty minutes ago, so I don't think he'd mind another ten minutes for me to wake up. It's nine thirty something on Sunday morning. Usually on Sundays I stay home and do my homework and maybe, if I had time, I'd watch a TV show that I've missed over the week.

After those ten minutes I got out of my bed, slipped my warm wool slippers on my feet and walked down stairs, tying my cozy robe around me. The coffee pot was already plugged in so I figured my parents were already up. Once I poured and stirred my coffee, and sat on the couch I texted back Asher telling him I had just woken up.

That's cool. Are you doing anything today?

He texts back after a few minutes. Asher was never one to get back quickly.

Just homework. Need to catch up on some calculus.

I reply, taking a small sip of my coffee, leaning my head back and watching TV. My phone vibrated just on time, I hate commercials.

I want to hang out. Can we? I'll bring over your favorite hot coco.

I smiles, answering him back quickly, That would mean the world to me :D

Time passed, and not just five or ten minutes, but hours. I eventually started doing my homework. Strange, I thought Asher would have been over by now. I had well finished my calculus homework, I was catching up my reading now and taking down notes. I hated reading this way. I rather just enjoy a good book rather than having to stop every few paragraphs and analyzing it.

Finally a knock came on my door. My eyes glance quickly to the time on my laptop and then to the door, telling the person to come on in. Asher opens the door. Holding two to-go cups in his hand and a folded paper bag between his teeth. I chuckle at the sight, giving him a hand.

"I was wondering if you'd ever show up." I comment, "Come on, we can eat this in the kitchen." I suggest, nodding my head for him to follow.

"Ugh, I walked all the way up here for nothing then?" He complains, a small laugh at the end to assure me how easy going he is. "I'm sorry. I would have come earlier, but, uh, something came up." He says, nervously, following me down the stairs and to the kitchen.

I looked over at him curiously, wondering what could be the problem. Then I noticed two things off with him after I had asked, "Is everything alright." His fly was down, and the tee shirt he wore under his flannel looked inside out. When we surrounded the island, I took the hot chocolate from his hand and pointed it out for him. I could only imagine what he was doing these past three hours. "You didn't have to come by if you were busy entertaining. I wouldn't have minded." I said while savoring a small sip of my favorite hot coco from Starbucks. Yes, I'm that white nerdy girl.

"No, it's not like that." He said after a long awkward moment and zipping his pants up. "I've been doing the laundry at home and I don't really know how to fold clothes." He excuses, fixing his tee shirt as well. He didn't have to lie, I thought. I distract myself by looking down at my phone so he could have a moment to change. In front of me. Really crossing a line there. "Should I have changed in the bathroom?" He wonders.