Chapter 17- A Change For Better or Worse

• इन्हें समर्पित: FatOreos

Chapter 17 - A Change for Better or Worse

Kim's POV

Waking up on a Friday morning not to a beautiful sunrise, or a peaceful fully rested wake up, but to another run to the toilet. Not me but Asher, once again for the third time. My eyes peeked through to my alarm clock reading a little passed eight. Seriously? It's way too early. I moaned to myself, rolling over when my eyes landed on a blue Post It note sticking to the middle of my headboard. Pealing it off it read:

Gone Black Friday shopping w/dad! Won't be back till noon. Make sure Asher is alright, and don't let Nick burn the house down. ;) love you- Mom.

I slap the note back on the wood with as much force I had in my exhausted body. My mom didn't care much that Asher and I slept in the same bed together. She knew we weren't going to do anything stupid like sex or making out. Mom knew the line between friendship and relationship. She actually trusted me, and not that phony kind of so-called trust, where the parents know you're screwing around but pretend like nothing's happening because you're such a great kid, but that type of trust that once it was broken she wouldn't give me a second chance, and she knew I'd be frightened of that.

But if dad knew at all... Well I wouldn't be living in this state. Let's just put it that way.

Asher fell back into bed with a groan and a huff. He pulled me closer to him blocking out the cold morning air. Then I remember last night. Not that Asher got him and Ivy drunk, not that Spencer was over, but that Asher had kissed me! Well that's what I think anyways. I'm just hoping that he was extremely intoxicated to remember anything. I squirm out of his grip lying on my stomach, face first in the pillow silently praying to myself.

Loud footsteps broke the few seconds of the quiet morning, my door clicking open, "Kim I want breakfast." Mutters Nick. I stay frozen hoping he'll realize that I'm sleeping and don't want to be disturbed, "Kim." His whining voice pleads out again. I groan cuddling with my pillow still not answering him. "Kim." He complains, exaggerating my name, "I'm starving!"

"Nicholas, you're fourteen, you can pour yourself a bowl of cereal." I snapped angrily lifting my head from the pillow and staring at him at my door, "I'm sleeping, Asher is sleeping, we're exhausted, now go away." I grumble.

I laid back down slightly annoyed. If anyone makes me wake up this early, or even gets me to talk this early in the morning had to be freaking dying to dare try. Why do you think I chose to sleep alone on the third floor: Alone, paradise, no noise, quiet, it was heaven in the morning.

"Gees, someone's on their period for sure." He mutters.

I grab a pillow and fling it toward the door nailing him on the head. "Get the heck out!" I yell in a hush tone. He closes the door and leaves me with whatever peace I have left. For a smart fourteen year old, he isn't that smart. Being fully awake now my eyes stayed open. I stretch out my body hitting Ash's leg in accidentally.

He groans moving his face towards me and shifting under the blankets. "Sorry." I mutter looking over his face. His face is flushed and he smells like alcohol and barf, not the most pleasant smell to wake up to.

"My head hurts." He complains squeezing his eyes.

"Here." I say handing him the Advil pills I left on my nightstand for him knowing this would happen. It took him a few minutes to realize and listen before he stretches and sits up with his eyes closed taking the drugs. He whines and groans, again, rubbing his hands over his eyes feeling the pain, the hangover.

"What happened?" He finally speaks after all the ineligible muttering was complete.

"The idiot you are made a fool of yourself, again. The one thing I don't unstated is why did you do it?" I remind him.

Best Friends with the Playerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें