Chapter 25- Hold Nothing Back

Kim's POV

My lips part slightly, eyes narrowing at the blond babe that never took her eyes off Spencer. Her eyes twinkle with happiness and her smile grows wider within the seconds. Spencer has a wide smile to match hers, acting like they're the only two in the room.

He kicks his chair out from under him and make his way over to her, meeting her half way. She held her arm up in the air, open wide, and ready to hug him. They came together in a tight embrace and I couldn't help my eyes landing on her waist where his hands were.

"Who the hell is Maddi?" Katie whispers with a sour look on her face.

"His ex." I spat, biting the inside of my cheek, "From Miami."

"No!" She gasps, her mouth dropping.

"Yep." I reply popping the 'P' roughly.

"Oh my God she's here! Why?" Katie asks getting all defensive for me. Shouldn't I be the one freaking out and asking a million questions?

"I don't know?" I say with a shrug.

"Well don't just sit there!" She whispers to me fanatically. "Get up and get your ass over there and find out. She's hugging your man!"

I look over at her and was about to refuse when I saw them laughing, still holding each other at arm's length. Yeah, I'm going to be one of those girlfriends that's all over her boyfriend because of some girl. Not just some girl though, but his ex. His pretty, blond, tan, Miami ex-girlfriend.

Getting up from my chair I put on a fake grin as I walk over to them, smiling and giggling at each other. Putting my hand on Spencer's shoulder I slightly make him turn to me with a wide fake grin and my eyes almost saying 'hey remember me! Your girlfriend!'

"Oh hey, Kim this is Maddi-"

"Hi I'm Maddi, it-"

"Yeah I know you stopped me in the hall earlier. You told me good luck with Asher and that you felt bad for me. Oh! And by the way he's not my boyfriend. The one you have your hands on, yeah, that's my boyfriend." I babble, interrupting the whole meet and greet thing. They still had their hands on each other. OK can you unhook now? Like seriously clingy, that's my job.

"Oh! You're Kimberly Taylor!" She smiles widely gasping, "Oh my God, Spencer has told me so much about you! I'm so sorry about earlier- you two just looked like- he kind of pissed me off in math, and computer tech, and in between. So sorry, really."

"Oh, no pr-"

"So, what brings you here?" Spencer says, interrupting me as he kept on smiling. You could clearly see the happiness in his eyes, and it stung, it pained me to see him that happy cause I knew that happiness was drawn from her.

"Well my mom got this new job all the way in Australia, and I didn't want to go because I wanted to finish school here in the states. So she flew me off to live with my aunt here, after a very long month of arguing of course. But now I'm here and my mom is there, and you're here!"

"I'm here!" Spencer laughs, squeezing her hand.

"I'm here too!" I add in cheekily with a sour grin.

Maddi glances my way with a nervous chuckle slipping her hands away from his. They both cleared their throats, Spencer putting his hands in his pockets, "So you're living with your aunt? That's cool. What about Benny? Your brother living with you and your aunt too?"

"No, no, he went with my mom. It's easier for kids to start over in a new school. It's just me." She shrugs with a pearly white smile and pink glossy lips.