Chapter 18- Love Can Change You

Chapter 18 - Love Can Change You

 Kim's POV

My head still wrapped around the thought of earlier in the day of Asher wanting to talk to Katie at lunch. Asher barely ever talked to Katie about anything, they barely talked period and I've been wondering impatiently for the past two period what they could have been talking about. My butt vibrated as I pulled out my iPhone receiving one text, Spencer. A smiled made its way to my face as I saw his name.

'Hey I came to pick you up at class. Where are you?'

I slide my fingers over the keys to respond: 'Katie's locker. Needed to talk to her ASAP!' I saw Katie's blond head walking her walk to me. Then another text from Spencer came.

'Want me to wait for you and bring you home?' He's so sweet! But I didn't know how long our conversation would last and I didn't want him waiting so long.

'Pass, just for today. I'll catch a ride with Katie.' I respond back.

'Alright, I'll call you later love ;).'

'xo talk to you later.'

As I sent the last text I still find Katie coming down the hall with Asher just in her tail. OK seriously what's up with them? Asher has never shown an interest in Katie nor has Katie ever shown interest in him. If this is one of Asher's player pick up plans then he's so dead if he breaks her heart! They both came up to me laughing almost as if ignoring my presence, "Hey Kimmy kins!" Katie greets me opening her locker.

"Hey, I need to talk to you." I say under my breath not looking at Asher who was standing between us. I grin up to him though and look back over to Katie.

"I think I'm going to leave. Coach will have my ass if I'm late to practice. I'll call you later?" Asher said to Katie he said with a determined look. Oh hell no. This cannot be happening. You've got to be freaking kidding me! Is this legit, am I being punked?! Where's Ashton Kutcher?

"Yeah sure go. I'll catch up with you later." She told him waving him off.

"Cool. See you later." Asher said waving. His hand briefly touches her back and then withdraws as he hurries along. I look between the both of them, curious and wondering eyes directed to Katie. Still no freaking way. My two best friends aren't hooking up, I know them too damn well. Then again, Katie has all my secrets and I don't want them passed down to Asher.

"What's going on?" I whisper to Katie, eyeing her as she shrugs on her jacket.

She sighs, rolling her blue eyes three-sixty, "He's been up my ass all day asking about you." She mutters under her breath, looking around the hall.

"You didn't tell him did you?" I ask nervously, my eyes widening in anticipation.

"I told him he has to ask you himself." She takes a deep breath, closing her locker door, "You should just tell him Kim, he deserves it, and he's worried about you. He thinks he did something wrong."