Chapter 28- Golden Moments

Asher's POV

We were down by four points at the end of the second quarter, which in my head wasn't bad since it's only one touchdown to tie it all up. The score is low at 12-8. Usually by half time we would be in the low twenties! This game is intense; it had everyone in the stands standing on their feet waiting for the next move; like chess.

Half time was about ten minutes and no more. It was enough time for us to catch a breath, relax, and go over the next few possible play options. Guys drank Gatorade by the quarts in under minutes from all the energy they were burning.

I watch the cheerleaders do their half time show down with the opposing team on the middle of the field. Turning around I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I put on a dazzling smile on in case it was a hot cheerleader or a cute girl, but it was beyond that because it was Kimmy.

Smiling she stood there with every item of clothing to keep her warm with a small plate in her hands. She still looked adorable as ever. Spencer is the wrong guy for her and she could do so much better without him. I can't believe it took me all this long to feel this way for her; my best friend since kindergarten.

"Hey player! You're doing fantastic out there- oh and surprise!" She squeals delightfully handing me the plate in her hands.

"Hey gor- Oo! My brownies!" She laughs and for a moment, I thought I made her blush but it could be the cold pinching her cheeks. I unwrap the small plate of brownies noticing that she cut them up so tiny that I could just pop them into my mouth.

"Am I good or what." She teases.

"The best." I correct, winking at her.

"And I kept my promise." She points out.

"Thank you for doing that." I notice. How can I be so addicted to these brownies? I swear she's lucky that I don't know how to cook or I'll be getting obese just eating these forever.

"Hey- Oo! Brownies!" Ty shouts trying to steal them from me.

"Yo, these are my brownies. Get your own, King."

"Ash share. It's OK I have more at home." Kimmy assures. I tried to complain but I was cut off by Ty just taking them anyways.

"Shh eat them here. I don't want to share with everyone else." I snicker popping two pieces of heavens' delight in my mouth.

"Ash I made enough for the whole team." Kimmy said wide eye. I'm a guy with a big appetite and an enormous sweet tooth. So let me pig out when I want! Mmm brownies-Oo! Big peanut butter chunk, "Asher, share. At least one for the whole team." She bosses again.

"Fine!" I grabbed another two and so did King.

"Yo did blondie come?" Tyler asks, nodding his head to me.

"If she were it wouldn't be for you." Kim says, turning up her nose. She waves her hand over her shoulder to me before walking back to her seat.

I chuckle at King, turning back around to face the team and share these brownies, "Yo everyone! Kimmy made brownies." It was just like the mall told all the girls everything was free. Everyone came running up to take them. Bye bye lovelies, sorry you can't be in my tummy. R.I.P. They all hollered at Kimmy giving her thumbs ups and praises. Even Coach Dave and Phil were blown away. How could they not, it was like taking a bite out of heavens' cloud!

Huddling up with the whole team the coaches gave us one last speech before heading out to defeat Greyson's Academy once and for all. They're not even going to know what hit them.