Chapter 37- The Knight's Version of Family Game Night

Chapter 37 - The Knight's Version of Family Game Night

Kim's POV

"Uh, a... A car?! No, no, a bus! Train! TRAIN! Is it train!?" I screech jumping up and down, while Scott- Asher's dad- stood in the middle of the room acting out his object from the card he drew.

"Yes!" He shouts pointing to me.

"Whoa!" I yell, high fiving him. We're rocking this game, Scott and I are, like, the dream team for charades. I've only missed one guess and he already knew I wasn't going to get it. It was hole puncher! How stupid is that? We've been going on with this for the last forty-five minutes while eating pizza and other finger foods. Over the years I've fitted in with Ash's family that they were practically my second family, or better yet, my actual family. Ever since the start I've gotten close to them, it was easy to.

I watched Bay grab the score board, marking down a point for us, "Ok, our turn!" She sang jumping up and down.

"It's my turn, Bay." Shay shouts, stopping her sister's hand from picking up a card. Bay pouts flopping back on the couch next to Asher and I. Shay giggles happily staring at the card in her hand.

"Ready?" She asks everyone.

"Ready!" We all respond back.

She begins, putting her hands together like she was praying then parted them, searching for something in her hands.

"Book!" Bay yells, eyeing the sand timer we had started. Shay nods, holding up one finger, "One word." Another nod. She pretended to grab hold of something firm, then started biting the air.

"Oh!-" I started then got my mouth clamped shut. Damn it, always happens to me.

"Don't give it away." Asher warns, chuckling as he takes his hand off my mouth. I nod, giggling slightly as I lean back on the couch, watching Shay act it out.

"Bit. Air? A book? Um..." Kelly- Asher's mom- rattled off. Oh my God this is killing me! She started darting from one side of the room to another, then pounced on a pillow biting it, "Animal Kingdom?" I looked at the time, there was barely any time left. I was staring at Kelly's face when it looked like it clicked in her head.

"Times up!" "Twilight!" The parents shouted at the exact same time.

"YES!" Shay shouts, jumping up and down on the couch, "Point! Point!"

"No, no. Timer went out-" Scott argued, looking at his wife seriously. He always took any game seriously.

"I said Twilight-" Kelly disagreed, waging a finger at him.

"Right after the timer went out!" Scott pointed out.

"Right when the timer went off. I just made it!" Both Kelly and Scott argued for some time, and we all watched. I laugh at them, they both are super competitive when they were on opposite teams. It made me laugh when they fought over things like this. We watch in amazement as they went back and forth about this little situation, I thought it was time they stopped so I butted in.

"Come on Scott just let her have the point. We're going to beat them anyways." I chuckle, patting his arm.

He grumbles quietly, replacing it with a chuckle, "Fine have the point."

"Thank you." Kelly smirks, grabbing Bay to kiss her check, "Awesome job, babe!" She compliments, high-fiving her.

"Your turn, Ash." I said sportively, clapping his back.