Chapter 20- What's Said Is Never Promised

Chapter 20 - What's Said Is Never Promised

Kim's POV

Spencer had just left minutes ago and I was slightly grateful he didn't stay longer only because I had invited Asher over and haven't made those cookies I promised I'd make. It's not like I was hiding from Spencer that I was having Asher over, I just didn't mention it because he'd ask what we'd be doing and then I'd be obliged to tell the truth and tell him that I simply just want to talk to Asher about some things. Naturally, he'd ask what things, and I didn't want to tell him about the boundaries talk with Asher.

Anyways, the moment Spencer's car turned out of the driveway I ran away from the window and to the kitchen because in the next five or so minutes Asher would expectedly drop by. In the kitchen I cleared the counter tops and placed the pot and mugs from our hot chocolate making from earlier into the dishwasher. I then grabbed the bowls and measuring tools I'd need. Just as I was looking for the stash of chocolate and peanut butter chips that I hid away in the Lazy Suzy the front door open and I knew it just had to be Asher.

"Hey Kimmy, I'm here!" He shouts, closing the door behind him.

"I'm in the kitchen!" I shout back, placing the rest of the ingredient on the counter. Asher walks in the room, his heavy footstep echoing the large empty house. I scoop and pour two cups of flour in a large bowl before he walks in. He smiles, walking around the island and hugging me from behind. I tensed up, holding my grip on the measuring up, "Thanks for making me cookies. I didn't think you actually would." He chuckles lightly, leaning against the counter next to me.

"I told you I would." I mutter, making sure I took out the baking powder and not the baking soda before using it. "I would have done it earlier but I got caught up in studying." I told him half honestly.

"Speaking of studying, do you want my help in physics?" He asks, looking over his shoulder and finding the package of chocolate chips. He opens the bag and takes a small handful.

"Thanks, but I think I'm ok. Spencer helped me out a little bit." I tell him, taking away the bag from him so he wouldn't eat them all. I would need all of them.

"Spencer was here earlier?" He questions, looking down at his hand and picking out chocolate.

"Mhm." I hum, nodding my head, "Can you get me the milk from the fridge?" I ask, nodding my head in the direction.

"You didn't want to wait for me to help you out?" He wonders, grabbing the gallon out of the fridge and sliding it across the counter to me. I shrugged my shoulders, reading over the next step of the ingredients, murmuring it to myself. This was the part when I had to melt half the bag of chocolate chips in a sauce pan. "So, what did you want to talk to me about?" He wonders, now opening the peanut butter chip bag, avoiding looking at me just as I was now avoiding looking at him. I sigh, turning my back on him only because I had to pay attention to not burn the chocolate. "Wow, that serious, huh?"

"I'm afraid on how you'll take it." I say honestly, moving the spoon around the chocolate. I waited so it was fully melted before I could concentrate on the conversation. "I don't feel comfortable... No, I don't feel right being so close to you when Spencer is my boyfriend." I say vaguely, not even sure where I was going with this flow.

"You're going to have to clarify that for me." He says, a bit of confusion in his voice.

"It's just, last weekend, when we were sleeping together in my bed and you didn't care that you walked half naked in front of me, or all the times when you just kept telling me you love me and kissing and hugging me and all that, I just, you know, I just felt guilty." I confessed, hoping that sounded right. I set the melted chocolate aside and started to mix together in the other bowl butter, sugar and eggs.