An Unexpected Year Chapter 1 ~ First Day Of School Part 1

A/N
Welcome to my first story. By the time I am writing this I have written  2 more stories. Check them out as well. They're called: daddy's possession and missing mum. On that note, let's get on with this story :)

{Bianca (Emma Roberts) on top^}
Word count: 991

"Bianca!" I yelled, Bianca turned around and greeted me with a hug. Today was the first day of school and Bianca and I were cycling to school together. When we broke apart from our embrace we got onto our bikes. We started cycling towards school whilst chatting about our summer break, even though we had spent almost the entire three months together we somehow always found something to chat about. Bianca is one of my best friends. We've been friends since first year of high school, today is the start of our senior year.

"So have you heard?"

"What juicy gossip have you got this time, Gossip queen?" I said whilst grinning. Bianca pretended to be offended by putting her hand on her heart. She furrowed her eyebrows together, she was clearly thinking. When she thought it through she stopped pretending to be offended and said "Thank you, thank you. I guess I should be content with that nickname." She stopped for a moment whilst smirking devilishly "Since the one I got you is way worse, Abs." I glared at her, she knew how much I despised nicknames, especially those people seemed to come up with for my name 'Abigail'.

"Don't you dare calling me 'Abs', gossip queen." I said with a cold but playful tone.

She smirked at me knowingly, "Why, it's suitable. It's short of your name and I know how much you appreciate abs! Especially on a hot man like the lifeguard we saw on the beach the other day". Again smirking at me because she knew how embarrassed I had been near that lifeguard.

To most people it's an amusing story, maybe even funny or hilarious. To me it is the most embarrassing thing ever! Me and my 7 friends where hanging out on the beach when we decided to go swim in the ocean. Once I had gotten out of the ocean, a guy who was playing soccer called out to me asking if I would mind kicking the ball back over to them. Me being the clumsy person I am, I tripped over their football whilst trying to kick it back. I had just gotten out of the water so when I tripped over the ball and fell onto the beach I had been completely covered in sand. It wasn't just on my skin though it had been everywhere, in my ears, nose and mouth! Instead of helping me, my friends couldn't stop laughing and eventually fell over. The fact that they fell over made it a bit more bearable because now all of us were covered in sand. Soon I was laughing too, but then started to choke on the sand in my mouth. That's where the lifeguard came in... Let me give you one subtle hint: 'mouth-to-mouth resuscitation'.

The only thing I could come up with was "If we weren't cycling right now I'd kick your ass, gossip queen".  She was now laughing out loud because of my lame come back.

"But seriously though, what haven't I heard?" She was still laughing so I decided to come up with some possibilities. "Are you and Walter dating yet?!". She finally stopped laughing and this time it was here doing all the glaring and me doing the smirking.

"No, we aren't and we won't. But have you heard of our new English lit teacher?"

I look at her with a confusing gaze. "Never mind, obviously you don't know yet. You should be glad with a 'gossip queen' as friend, otherwise you'd never be up to date... Anyway Mr. Schumer resigned and there's a new teacher. If I recall correctly his name is Mr. Matthews and I've heard he just moved here and is super-hot!" I stared disbelievingly at her, "Bianca, aren't all teachers supposed to be old and scruffy? And how do you even know? School hasn't even started yet there's no way you'd know if a teacher just moved here..." She smiled proudly at me. "first of all, you're supposed to be happy there's a good looking teacher around, Second of all I know because I-," she said pointing to herself, "-contact people, not just people, I like to call them my sources! And last but not least a friend of mine found out because he moved across the street from her, she went there to welcome him to the neighbourhood and they exchanged a short conversation". I just shrugged at her.

After our little conversation we had almost reached school, we could already see the building in the distance. I sighed loudly, Bianca smiled at me. "Aren't you even the slightest excited, it's our senior year, probably the best." I sighed again before speaking "I Hope this will be our best year, all the other ones have been torture". She smiled weakly at me. Lets just say my high school experience isn't the best one...

A/N

So this is the first story I've ever written. English isn't my mother tongue, so I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes, if you find any please tell me. I'd love to have some sort of feedback! This chapter might seem a bit random but I'll explain everything later tho. Next chapter will be an introduction.