An Unexpected Year Chapter 2 ~ Introduction

{A/N: Picture Abigail on top^}
Word count: 1121

Hi, I'm Abigail.

I have a little brother whom I love to death, he's only 6 years old and he's absolutely adorable. Our mom isn't around much, she makes long days at work. That's the reason I take care of my brother, I wake him up every morning, make him breakfast, take him to school, pick him up, play with him, make him dinner and put him to bed. I don't really mind because I love spending time with him. My dad died, cancer took him from us. It's a touchy subject so I won't dwell on it any longer. He's been gone for a two years now.

This summer I turned 18, my friends hosted an amazing party. You might wonder  why I didn't throw my own party? Because I'm introvert, I'm usually very shy and I care about what people think about me. Apart from my friends at school I don't really have anyone else. I didn't know who else to invite so I decided I would just invite my friends to come over and have a movie night. My friends didn't think that was appropriate for an 18th birthday party, because "You only turn 18 once". My extrovert friends have loads of other friends so they invited around 40 people over, and they surprised me. It turned out to be pretty good. I spent most of the time with the people I already knew but I talked to a few others as well. Which is quite an accomplishment.

My best friends are:  

-      Bianca: She is 17 years old. She will do everything to get me to go clubbing or at least to go out. She's my best friend and a smartass. She loves to gossip and knows every little thing about everyone in school. She's single but I'm positive she likes Walter!

-      Walter: The only guy, he doesn't care that people think he's gay just because he's hanging around with 6 girls. I love how he just doesn't care about what people think, I wish I was like that. He is 17 years old. Funny and single, and I'm sure he likes Bianca!

-      Diane : she 18 years old. Shy and caring. She loves to dance and to talk. She watches way too many tv-shows, such as 'supernatural, pretty little liars, once upon a time, the vampire diaries, Riverdale, super girl, the 100, the flash, arrow, teen wolf'. I hadn't heard of any of them before, but right now I think I know every little detail about each of the shows. She just can't shut up about it, I'm tankful for that because there won't be any awkward silences, it does get annoying sometimes though.

-      Isabelle: she 17 years old. Very creative and artsy, she comes up with the worst but most creative ideas as well (they're hilarious though).  She's Bi, single, has crushes on about a 100 celebrities.                        

-      Brittany: She is 17 years old. Smart, bit of a know it all. She doesn't mind talking back to teachers and gets lots of detentions. She is sarcastic and funny. I'm sure all the guys crush on her. She has had lots of boyfriend but I don't think she has ever dated a guy longer than 2 months.

-      Natalie: she 18 years old. She is a Jock and is amazing at every sport. She's quite muscular for a girl. Natalie is very competitive and loves to bet. She also likes to make fun of people and embarrass them. She doesn't make fun of me a lot because she knows I don't like it. I like that about her, she makes fun of others but she respects their feelings and knows when to stop.

I love my friends, we've been friends since the beginning of high school. I don't even remember how we became friends, we just were.

Just like my friends Leonie and Carly have been around since my first day of school too. When on the first day of school we were introducing ourselves to our new classmates, I stuttered and got as red as a tomato. I am socially awkward and I don't like attention at all! So when everybody turned to look at me I didn't know what to do. That's when Leonie and Carly had found their victim, the person to bully all through high school.

It's not too bad, they just like to embarrass me in front of people and call me names. It has gotten physically, they've smacked, pushed and tripped me. Fortunately my friends are always around to support me. They don't bully me as much when they are around, for two reasons. I think they're intimidated by Natalie, and I think Carly has a crush on Walter. Stupid way to let him notice you right? But Walter could never love her especially not if she's bullying me, and I'm sure he has a crush on Bianca. Their bullying does affect me, I've gotten even more scared to talk when they are around. I don't let it show anymore, I don't stutter, shake or turn red but on the inside I'm dying. I'm afraid to make a fool out of myself and for them to notice my flaws.

This year will be my last year of high school. And I'm not looking forward to any of it except for graduation. I'll finally be free of Carly and Leonie, but I'll miss my friends. Some of them will probably go to the same college as me though, I'm really looking forward to it!

A/N

Here you go, a little introduction, the next chapter will continue where I left before this introduction. So Abigail will enter school.

Vote on my story and please give me some feedback. Like I said before this is my first story and I'm still figuring things out. I'll try to make my chapters longer.