An Unexpected Year Chapter 15 ~ Epilogue

Word count: 890

"Come over tomorrow?" Aiden asked hopefully. "I can't," I pouted. "Why not?" he asked curiously. "Angie is out of town and I have agreed to Tom coming over for the day," I spoke with an apologetic smile. He wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck. "Come over tomorrow, all of you." He said, his hot breath caressing my neck. I started playing with his hair which earned a me a groan from him. "You sure?", he hummed a yes into my neck and I gave in. He softly started to kiss my neck and collarbone until the bell rang. Lunch time is over. We groaned simultaneously and then chuckled. I stood on the tips of my toes and pulled his face down to mine. I gave him a soft kiss before grabbing my bag and leaving his classroom.

~~~

And that's how it went, that's how I got involved with my English lit teacher. Today is the day after graduation. Aiden and I aren't student/teacher anymore and I finsihed high school. Also our relationship can finally go public. We have decided to wait a week before going out together just to give people the illusion that we only started dating after graduation.

we're in bed, Aiden's sleeping form next to me with an arm wrapped loosely around my waist. The sheets covering our bare bodies. Not wanting to wake Aiden up I stay in bed and grab my phone. I go on tumblr and come across a quote.

"Talk like best friends. Play like children. Argue like husband and wife. Protect each other like brother and sister." 

I can relate to this post. Aiden and I's conversation is never forced or polite, we can talk about all sorts of things and never get bored. The second part reminds me of the time we went to visit Angie and played with the cars. The memorie instantly makes my lips curve up. "argue like husband and wife," we haven't had our first fight yet, but we have had discussions. Even though we argued about little things it could get heated. For some reason we always ended up kissing though. And last but not least, "protect each other like broter and sister." Aiden has protected my from my mum and he has taken care of me and Luke ever since I told him that one day in his classroom. 

I went through the comments on this post and most said how this post described the perfect relationship. I'm extremely lucky with Aiden, I don't think I'd ever let him go voluntarily. All of this made me think back to my final high school year. The year didn't start too pleasant, but I wouldn't change a thing. I don't think anyone would.

 Over these past two months Aiden and I have gotten really close, we went on dates and got to know each other. After all our conversations I thought I would've known evertyhing. But I find myself learning new things about him every day. Instead of getting tired of him I am curious to find out everything else there is to know.   

Aiden and Luke get along amazing. We often go out with the three of us. Luke absolutely loves him, which makes me love Aiden even more. I can picture Aiden as the father of my own childeren, but we're not ready for such commitment, yet.

My mum hasn't changed much, she is still abusive towards me but it doesn't affect me as much. I have an amazing get away and I get loads of support. I plan on giving her help once I have enough money. 

Right now I'm focusing on leaving for college with Ethan and Luke. My mum has already signed the papers which puts Luke under my responsibility. Aiden and I have found a cute apartment and plan on spending our time together. I got into college and Aiden has gotten job offers. Our future seems bright.

As for my friends, everything worked out just fine. Bianca and Walter are attending the same college and share a dorm. Bianca will probably only attend the first semester due to pregnancy but will continue her classes online. We all promised to stay in touch, but I doubt it will actually happen. Everyone is just going their own way and finding out what life has in store for them. 

Thinking back I can't help but smile. As he lay there peacefully asleep, and I here thinking about my senior year I kiss his forehead. He pulls me closer and I chuckle softly, careful not to wake him up. My fingers start to touch his face and lovingly play with his hair. 

He slowly opens his eyes and I watch him wake up. It was then when I realised how much I've come to love this man. We haven't said those three words, I've been close but never found the right moment. It didn't feel like the right moment this time but I couln't help myself. "I love you," I whispered. He looked up at me and smiled. "I love you too," he then reached up and kissed my lips passionately. The kiss was slow, not hungry or lustful, it was like we were both pouring all our emotions into the kiss.