An Unexpected Year Chapter 7 ~ Exposed?

{A/N Jake on top}
Word count 2591

You are now recording. When the message appeared on my phone I smirked and got ready for the confrontation. I walked out of the stall and looked at Leonie. I knew what this is about: yesterday. 

I'm recording this for Bianca. When I told her what went down yesterday in Mr. Matthews classroom she didn't believe Leonie was that stupid. So I decided we needed something to laugh at during lunch so I'm going to record our little confrontation.

I left the classroom 'because I needed to use the ladies''. I knew Leonie would follow me and she did! So much for a surprise attack.

"I have told the principal" Leonie said whilst smirking at me. I was expecting this, she still thinks me and Mr. Matthews had a baby. Stupid bitch. Let's put on a show for the recording I thought, mentally smirking. "How could you? I love him!" I said hoping she would buy it. "I told you he was mine" she said. "He loves me and we had a baby. How could you take his daddy away like that?" I said. It was so hard to hold my laughter. "As long as I get my man it's fine by me" she said and I started laughing. She stared at me as though I was mental. "Leonie dear, you are so stupid. Luke is my brother and me and Mr. Matthews are not romantically involved" I said while laughing. "We'll see what the principal thinks" she said whilst shrugging. "We will," I said and returned to class.

"Will Abigail Sinclair please report to the principal's office," Mrs. Dern the principle said over the intercom. I smiled, I'm in physics now and I'm glad I can leave for a while. Mrs. Darkwood was just explaining something we had discussed last year. Easy. I stood up and headed towards the principal's office.

I knocked on the door. "Come in!" I heard Mrs. Dern say. I opened the door and found Mr. Matthews sitting in a chair, next to him stood another chair. Behind the desk sat Mrs. Dern, she had a stern look on her face and motioned for me to sit. I closed the door behind me and sat down. "So you both know what this is about?". S he asked but didn't wait for us to reply, "there has been an accusation of the two of you being romantically involved" she said looking extremely mad. I fake gasped "what is that accusation based on?" I asked. She glared at me before typing something on her laptop. "It's based on two things. First, someone saw you with a child. One which called you, Abigail, mummy. And right before Aiden had claimed he was his son." She said accusingly. "Second, we have a tape to confirm our suspicions". She pressed another key and then I heard Leonie's voice. "I told the principal" lmao. Our conversation in the girls room. I have heard the conversation multiple times so I'm not scared, I sat back and listened. Mr. Matthews gave me weird glances during the tape and I just grinned.

Then the tape stopped. It didn't play the part where I denied everything. The bitch had cut that part out. I sat up straight and opened my mouth to explain. "It's not what it sounds like" Mr. Matthews said. "Enlighten me, please" Mrs. Dern replied sounding very angry. I grabbed my bag and placed it on my lap, I searched through it and grabbed my phone. I sighed in relieve when I had found it. Mrs. Dern and Mr. Matthews were giving each other weird glances. "When I explained to my friend what had happened yesterday she didn't believe me, so I decided to get some proof." I said while searching for the audio file. Once I found it I pressed 'play'. Now all three of us were listening to the same tape, well that's what they thought. "Yes Abigail, we just heard this" Mrs. Dern said, in reply I just held up my hand and everyone continued listening to the tape, the whole tape.

When the tape had ended the principal looked at me with relieve. "I'd like to accuse Leonie of making false accusations and sabotaging evidence," I stated like a true detective. Mrs. Dern nodded and then said over the intercom "Leonie Purdy please report to the principal office".