An Unexpected Year Chapter 11 ~ Playday

{A/N Tom on top}

Word count: 1450

It was now Saturday, the one day I've been looking forward to all week. Luke and I were cycling towards Abby. In the distance I saw some heavy clouds. I picked up my pace hoping we would get there before it starts raining. Just when we got inside it started raining, I sighed in relieve and talked with Abby.

"So how is you mum?" Angie casually asked. After our last 'conversation' I hadn't seen her. I shrugged, and looked away. "What's wrong?" she asked worry evident in her tone.

"Ringgg"

The doorbell rang, Aiden. Abby got up and opened the door. Aiden walked in and I greeted him with a hug, he nuzzled his face in my neck and breathed in my scent. I loved his hugs, he was tall and big compared to me but we fit perfectly. Reluctantly I pulled away and called for the boys. When they didn't come Aiden went to look for them.

Once he left the room Abby turned to me, "what's going on Abby, you're acting weird." I bit my lip and tried to make up excuses but none seemed to come to mind. "Is something wrong at home?" she pushed. "These past couple of days have just been hard, don't worry". I don't think she bought it but Aiden and the boys came walking in. It was only 02:30 but everyone agreed on watching a movie.

Finally we agreed on watching 'Finding Dory'. Tom and Luke sat on a few pillows in front of the tv, Aiden and I sat on loveseat and Abby was sat on a comfortable chair.

I don't know how or when this happened but somewhere during the first half of this movie I had rested my head on his shoulder and Aiden had wrapped his arms around my waist. We continued watching the movie in this rather intimate position but neither of us seemed to care. We were just enjoying each other's presence.

When the movie ended Abby went to bake some cupcakes, Aiden and I joined Tom and Luke who were playing with cars. In my right hand I held an ambulance. Aiden and Luke had been in a car crash and the ambulance was on its way. When I arrived I asked Tom's car what happened, he told me Aiden bumped into Luke. I went to check up on Luke and the ambulance / I said he was completely fine. When I drove to Aiden I pretended to take in all the damage done on his car, "I'm sorry, but he died, there's nothing we can do now." I said whilst smirking at Aiden. "Why did I die?" Aiden asked whilst pouting, I chuckled and shrugged. Suddenly he grabbed his car and yelled 'zombie car', he drove right behind me trying to catch the ambulance who couldn't save him. I quickly drove away and soon we were crawling all over the floor.

Luke and Tom also wanted to be 'zombie cars' so they killed themselves. All of them were chasing me and I just crawled away whilst laughing. Then they cornered me and I pouted, Luke stood up and ran towards me, he wrapped his arms around me and laughed into my neck. I wrapped my arms around him and laid him down on his back, when I pulled away I started tickling him. He started to laugh and tried to call out for help.

"Ai- den... Help," he finally managed to get out. I chuckled but stopped when Aiden stood up and cornered me. I backed away from Luke and innocently looked around the room, "the zombie cars wants revenge," Luke said. Aiden suddenly charged towards me and tackled me to the ground, he laid between my legs and started tickling me. Luke and Tom were watching me with amusement. I started laughing uncontrollably until the tears were streaming down my cheeks. "Stop.. ple- ase" I managed to get out in between laughs. Aiden stopped but kept his hands on my bare stomach sending chills up my spine. "Are we done?" he asked Tom and Luke. "Luke, have mercy" I pleaded. "Okay," he said and I sighed in relieve.

Aiden removed his hands from my stomach and placed them on either side of my head. He bent down and nuzzled his head in my neck, I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him. It was then when I realized our intimate position, I laid on the ground and he was positioned on his knees in between my legs. I blushed but luckily nobody saw.

We stayed in the same position for a while until he moved up a bit. I felt his hot breath on my earlobe and my breath hitched. "Next time I'm not letting you go that easily," he whispered huskily in my ear before giving me a light kiss on my cheek. He moved away leaving me there with a racing heart, red cheeks and quick breathing.

I sat up and noticed everyone gone, I entered the kitchen and everyone was eating cupcakes. I took a seat next to Luke and grabbed one myself, I took a bite and moaned in appreciation. "Angie, these are real good," I said with a smile. "Glad you like them," she said quite proud. "Are you all staying for dinner?" Abby asked. I turned to Luke and asked him whether or not he wanted to stay. He nodded eagerly, "there's your answer." "If you're sure you don't mind?" Aiden asked, "I'd love it if you stay" Angie said.

--O—

"What can I do to help?" I asked Angie, she had been busy cooking for over an hour. "Would you mind setting the table?", "Sure," I said and got to it. Whilst placing the plates Aiden walked in, he offered to help so I gave him cutlery. "So, where did you and Angie meet?" Aiden casually asked. I answered him and then we continued having small talk.

Right before dinner Bianca called me. I accepted her call and left the room to talk.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Abby, can I come over tonight?" Bianca said, she sounded sad and exhausted. Her voice didn't sound like usual and I got worried.

"Yes of course, what happened?"

"We'll talk about it later, I just need somewhere to crash." After she said this Aiden walked in, I raised my hand and he waited for me to finish.

"Of course, you can sleep with me. What time?"

"10?"

"Perfect, love you"

"Love you too"

Aiden looked at me, his eyes showed disappointment and sadness. I wonder what happened... "Dinner is ready," he replied rather cold. I shrugged it off and sat down at the table. "Who called you?" Angie asked, I opened my mouth to reply but Aiden beat me to it. "Her boyfriend," he said with clenched fist. "No it wasn't, I was talking to Bianca." I said giving him a confused look. He unclenched his fist and raised his eyebrows at me, "what were you talking about?" he questioned. "She asked if she could crash at mine. She didn't want to tell me what happened over the phone, guess I'll find out later." He sighed in relieve and gave me a big smile, I couldn't help but smile back. His smile is just contagious.

Dinner was filled with small talk and laughter. After dinner Aiden, Luke and I decided it was time to go home. I thanked Angie for dinner and engulfed her in a hug. Then I moved on to Tom, I ruffled his hair and pecked his cheek. Then I turned to Aiden and eagerly wrapped my arms around him, he held me tight and I loved the feeling of his body pressed against mine. We held each other a little longer than I normally would but nobody seemed to notice.

--O—

When Bianca arrived around 10 she looked like a wreck. Her eyes were red and puffy, her mascara had ran down her cheeks along with many tears and her hair was a mess.

I wrapped my arms around her and she cried in my shoulder. I rubbed her back and we continued hugging for over 5 minutes. When she had calmed down she looked drained. "Let's go to bed, we'll talk tomorrow," I said, she nodded and we went upstairs. I gave her one of my shirts to sleep in and we both got in bed.

After 5 minutes her breathing steadied and I knew she had fallen asleep. I thought about  things that could possibly have happened to make her this upset. But before I could come to a conclusion I fell asleep.