An Unexpected Year Chapter 6 ~ Day Care

{A/N: Mr. Matthews on top, again.}
Word count 3738
"Yes, call me if anything happens."

"Okay, we will."

I turned to Luke, he has a day of off school but I don't. That's why I brought him here. Day care. It's his first day here, but I'm not sure he'll be okay. "Okay, I'll pick you up soon okay." I said. Luke is terrified. I'm trying to comfort him but I can see he's scared as hell. I remember his first day of school, they had called me after three hours because he just wouldn't stop crying and calling out for me. "Just go play and make some friends, be good!" He looked at me and I saw his lip tremble so I quickly pulled him in for a hug. "See you soon, okay?" he nodded. I turned around and left. I really had to go, otherwise I'd be late to school. I was about to shut the door when I heard him scream out my name whilst crying. I wanted to turn around, but I knew I would cave in and take him home. I quickly took off feeling extremely guilty.

I ran into the school and quickly took off to class. I walked into room 78, mathematics. I sat in my usual spot next to Bianca. I tried to listen to the teacher but my mind kept wandering off to Luke.

It was now second period and I just left the classroom because I need to use the bathroom. I walked in and entered a stall.

Once I came out Leonie and Carly stood right in front of me. I gulped and brushed past them. I washed my hands and turned around to face them. "This is just a warning" Leonie said. "We've got Mr. Matthews fourth and I don't want you to look at him." I frowned, "How can't I, he's my teacher?" I asked. "You figure it out he is mine!" Leonie sneered. Suddenly she stepped forward and slapped me right across my face, I gasped and felt tears swelling in my eyes. My cheek was stinging and I felt some blood drip down my neck. I looked in the mirror and her ring had gashed my cheek. She devilishly smirked "If you don't do as I say I'll beat you 10 times worse." She then turned around with Carly walking behind her.

I grabbed a paper towel and padded my cheek. The bleeding had stopped but there was a red hand-shaped bruise on my cheek. I poured some water over my face and headed back to class.

When lunch finally came around I told my friends what had happened. Diane would not let go of me, she kept hugging me to the point where it got annoying. "Diane, I can't eat." I said, slightly annoyed. "Sorry" she said. She quickly let go of me. I love them for caring so much about me, but I don't need their pity. I feel bad enough as it is. The bell rang. English Literature. I have been dreading this since my little encounter with Leonie and Carly. Bianca and I headed towards room 157, I walked in and kept my head down. Once I had passed his desk I looked up, to find Leonie smirking at me.

"dun dun dun dan dan dun dun..."

Halfway during class my phone started ringing. I blushed heavily and quickly grabbing my bag. I have been looking at my table ever since the beginning of class so a change in scenery was nice. I quickly went through my bag and grabbed my phone, I was about to shut it off when I saw the caller ID. 'The Day Care'. FUCK. I stood up and picked up my phone.

"Hey" I said whilst walking out of the room, keeping my head down of course.

"I'm sorry to bother you. Luke has been uncontrollably crying ever since you lef. We've tried everything but he just sits in that corning whilst crying. He won't talk to us, all he has said was that he wanted to talk to you." She said. I sighed "can I talk to him real quick?" I asked, maybe I can calm him down. "Sure, wait a second." I heard a door close, I guess she's back inside now. My thoughts were confirmed when I heard Luke crying, my heart broke.

"Abby?" he said through sobs. "Hey, Luke. What's going on?" I asked. He started crying again. "Luke, what's happening?". "I want to go home." He said with a shaky voice. "Luke, do you remember how I talked to you last time?" I asked, "yes" I sighed in relieve. It wasn't anything special, it was just me asking him questions which he would answer with 'yes' or 'no' because he couldn't speak. "Are they being nice to you?" I asked, he breathed in and said "no". "Is that because they won't take you to see me?" I asked. "Yes," he said. "Have you played with any toys?" I asked. "No" he said. "Have you made any friends?" I asked. "No" he said one again. I guess the woman was right when she said he had only sat in a corner crying.