An Unexpected Year Chapter 8 ~ Abused?

{A/N: Tom (Luke's friend) on top}
Word count 2229

"Abigail dear, what happened to your hand?" Angie questioned worry written all over her face. I gave her a soft smile. She cares for me as though I'm her own daughter, and I love her as much as I love my own. Too bad my mum is never home... Even on the weekends she makes long shifts. I wish she was home more often. Tonight she did make some time, which is unfortunately a very rare event. When she is around I cherish all our time together, tonight should be great.

Luke and I have just arrived at Angie's place. It's Saturday and as promised we are going to play with the boys and catch up.

"I fell during PE, nothing to worry about," I lied, I don't want her to worry about me. She nodded, "why am I not surprised?" we chuckled at my clumsiness'. "come inside, Tom is in his room'," Luke nodded and we both walked in. Luke ran up the stairs and went straight towards Tom. I walked in and sat down on the sofa. "So tell me, what was your first week as a senior like?" Angie asked while pouring me some tea.

Gosh it has been one hell of a week. Detentions, day care, bullying, false accusations, someone even broke my  damn hand!

"nothing much, we didn't even get too much homework. Wednesday I brought Luke to day care," I said, she sat down next to me and took a sip from her tea. "How did it go?" she asked. "Well, pretty much the same as his first day at school. He wouldn't stop crying, they called me and brought him to me an hour early. I was still in school at that time so he stayed in Mr. Matthews classroom," I said. She nodded and put down her drink to grab us some cookies. She called the boys down and soon the came racing down the stairs. I poured them some lemonade and then we all ate cookies.

"Shall we go play outside?" I asked once we had finished eating and drinking. The boys nodded eagerly, "soccer!" Luke squealed. Tom cheered in agreement. "Sure, go find a ball, we'll be right out," Angie said. I put on my shoes and followed the boys into the garden. The boys had already made goals by taking of their coats and by sticking to sticks in the ground. "What are the teams?" I asked, "I'm with Abigail" Tom and Luke screamed out simultaneously. I chuckled, I'm quite good at soccer so my team usually wins, unless I let them win. "What about me?" Angie asked the boys whilst putting a hand over her hart. The boys chuckled and so did I. "I'm with Angie," I announced, the boys pouted but agreed.

Luke scored, he cheered and I lifted him up from behind. I laughed, "You are too good, it isn't fair," I said whilst running around with Luke hanging over my shoulder. He giggled and repeatedly punched my back.

"Aiden," Luke suddenly squealed, I turned around. There he stood, Mr. Matthews. He looked over and waved, I put Luke down and he ran towards Mr. Matthews and engulfed him in a hug. I chuckled and followed Luke. "Will you play soccer with us?" Luke asked him pleadingly. Mr. Matthews looked at me for permission, I nodded in reply. "Sure," he said and Luke cheered. "I'm going to tell Tom!" he said and ran off.

"So you live around here?" Mr. Matthews asked. I shook my head, "no, this is where Angie lives. I called her when you first caught me," I said. He nodded, we walked back into the front yard. "Whose team am I on?" Mr Matthews asked. "Mine," Luke said enthusiastically. "Okay, your with the boys," I said whilst pointing towards the two boys. He nodded and chatted with them for a while, he then gave them a high five and we continued playing. "Angie, pass the ball!" I yelled, she looked at me and kicked the ball. It didn't reach me though because it went in the opposite direction. I laughed at her before yelling "close one". She shrugged and we continued playing.

I stood in front of our goal and Aiden, yes I get to call him Aiden because we're outside of school, came running towards me. He's a quite good soccer player, but not as good as me. I ran towards him and tackled the ball away from him, I ran past him and passed the ball to Angie. I hate my broken hand, I have to be super careful otherwise I might make the injury even worse.