An Unexpected Year Chapter 5 ~ Detention

{A/N Luke on top^}
Word count 2401

I silently walked into my brother his bedroom. I looked at him, his face looks so peaceful. "Luke" , I softly wispered his name a few more times. I kissed his forehead and ran my hand through his hair. "Wake up, I made us breakfast!" he slowly opened his eyes. He looked up at me and gave me his biggest smile. He yawned and wrapped his arms around me, I hugged him back and quickly picked out some clothes for him to wear. "Put on your clothes and come downstairs, okay?" "Okay!" he said. I went downstairs and soon I heard him come down as well. I gave him his food and got ready for school. I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs, I called out for Luke and soon enough he came walking over. I put his lunch into his bag and went outside. I put Luke onto my bike and we cycled towards his school. When we arrived I gave him a kiss and pulled him in for a hug. "Have fun at school!". "Thanks" he smiled before walking in.

I entered school with Bianca by my side. I was heading towards my classroom when I saw a freshman looking at his schedule as though it ware a map. I smiled to myself before walking over to him. "Hey, you look lost. Where are you supposed to be?" I said while smiling. "That obvious hah? Room 157, I have the new guy." he said, "come on, I'll take you there." He smiled at me thankfully. "So how do you like it here?" I asked trying to not make the walk too awkward. "It's good, nobody has given us homework so far but I have a feeling that is soon about to change." I smiled and told him that it sure would change.

"We're here!" I said, "thanks, aren't you late to your class now? I can ask Mr. Matthews if he can write you a late pass?" he said. "That would be nice, thanks. I need to talk to him anyways." He knocked on the door. Mr. Matthews opened the door and the kid told him what happened and Mr. Matthews nodded and went inside to write me a pass. The boy thanked me and went inside. I heard Mr. Matthews tell his class to get to work before walking towards me. He handed me my note and was about to turn back when I said. "Sir, I missed my detention yesterday. What are you going to do now?". I really don't know how to handle these situations, I'm never late to detentions, Hell I never get detentions! "Depends, do you have a good excuse?" he said. I decided to be honest "no I just forgot, didn't think about it because I had to be somewhere and kind of rushed off." "Where did you have to be?" he asked. "I needed to pick up something". "Okay, I won't double your detention. Just come see me after class." He said, I smiled in relieve and nodded. "See you after school." I said before walking off. Before entering the classroom I grabbed my phone out of my bag and called Angie.

Angie is a 39 year old woman and she's the mom of one of Luke's friends. One day Luke had played with Tom and when I went to pick him up he called me 'mummy'. I don't blame him,  I'm probably the closest thing he has to one. Angie heard him say so and she made me explain the situation. Ever since she was always there for me, whenever I needed someone to take care of Luke she'd be there to help me out. We've become friends over these past two years.

"Hey Abigail."

"Hey Angie, how are you?"

"Good, what about you?"

I heard footsteps behind me and turned around quickly. I saw Mr. Matthews coming around the corner. Shit, phones are not allowed on school premises. He looked at my direction and came walking over, he opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off by holding my hand up and giving him a pleading look. He frowned but nodded. I sent him a thanking look and quickly replied.

"Fine, school has started again. That's kind of why I called you. I need your help, I got a detention yesterday and I can't pick Luke up from school. Can you?"

"Of course sweety! You never get detentions?"

"Thank you so much, I know. I'll explain later because the teacher who gave me one is kind of standing right next to me." I explained awkwardly.

An Unexpected Year {Teacher/Student} COMPLETEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें