Chapter Six

<pre style="line-height: 17px; white-space: normal; color: #2a2a2a; font-size: 13px;">. Kioni's POV;

I had woken up in Niklaus's bed. It was so soft, i was interwining myself in his silky soft sheets. But Niklaus wasn't in the room. I got up and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth; i hadn't noticed that there was a note stuck to the mirror. It was from Niklaus. I read it, it said;

' Dear Kioni, I'm sorry to have to say this but i am leaving you. I want you to have a normal life; within the short space of me knowing you, you've been shot; i can't risk your life anymore. I will be watching over you but you won't be able to see me, i just wanted to say I'm sorry. From Niklaus.'

I collapsed on the floor, pulling my knees up to my chest and wrapping my arms firmly around them. I squeezed my eyes shut as the heart breaking tears tore through my body. I felt someone come through the door and it was Cain, he had been resting his body on the frame of the door. 

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and cradled me back and forth. His hugs made me feel a little bit better; but i wanted to be in the arms of Niklaus.

'Why did this happen to me Cain?' I cried 'What did I do to deserve this?'

'I think he just wants what's best for you.' he sighed 

'I can't do this without him. He's my other half, it hurts me when he isn't with me. I need him, my wolf needs him.' I whimpered

'I know, but you can get through this. You are strong. Besides you are the future luna of our pack, you can do this.' he said wrapping his arms tighter around me. It started to hurt a bit.

'How can i be your luna when your future alpha doesn't want me anymore!' My sobs were full of anger.

'He loves you Kioni, he's just doing what's best for you.'He said, placing his head on my shoulder.

'He doesn't want me, Cain.' I cried

"He's a dick at times." I could feel him smirking. Cain was different, even though i was in heat, he was affected. If another un-mated male was in his position they would have forced themselves on me, but Cain knew he couldn't because I'm his best friend's mate...well i WAS.

We stayed like that for a few more minutes, he didn't mutter a word which was better for me until Cain went away to sort out some pack business.

I sniffed a few times trying to hold back the tears, it was so hard. I was tired of crying over Niklaus. I was tired, i was so fucking tired of it. If i tried to do something, a few mintes into it i would sit on the floor and reduce myself to a quivering ball of tears. Mucus had been falling out of my throat and out of my nose. I looked so sick.

Why was i still in his house?

It was bad for me, my wolf and my elf. I would wonder round his living room and find pictures of him, which brought back my tears. I would clench my teeth and fist and just cry and cry. He was just one person, there are like 7 billion people on earth and strong and this one person was making me hurt so much. I had to leave. I had to get out of there. So i left and went back to my house, i didn't let anyone in. No boys or girls. Izzi+Kai had made like a cat flap for them to put my food through; seriously i didn't step a foot out my room.

How much longer would this last?

Its getting a little bit TOO much now. Shouldn't it have been over by now? 

If anyone, even a human has gone through this pain, how the fuck did they survive?

Days went past and the same routine came through. I would cry, make myself sick, go to sleep. 

I was ready to erase myself from the earth. 

But that's not who my parents raised me to be, us Carters stay strong through everything. 

But i can't remember who i am anymore. My motto was 'Be True, Be You' i would be a liar if i said i still lived by it. I don't even know who i am anymore. I lost myself on the way. I blame Nik. He's the reason why I'm like this.

Don't Blame Him! My wolf decided to start talking now.

I speak when i want to bitch!

You're only pissed off, but he still loves you, he just doesn't want you to die because of him!

Will you shut up Athena?! After that she zipped her lip. That was what i called some peace and quiet!

I had gotten limitless phone calls over the couple of. I rejected all of them, i didn't give a shit who you were. I couldn't talk to my parents; if i couldn't talk to them, for sure i ain't saying shit to anyone else. I hadn't eaten or slept, it raised my mum's blood pressure. If i wasn't asleep, i would be crying, if i wasn't doing those two i would staring at the ceiling. Sometimes i suffered in silence or sometimes i would scream the whole place down. Cain would come and sit with me just hold me while I cried, i was sick of hearing my own voice so i listened to someone else's. 

Rebekah would prepare a sexy looking dinner, but as usual i would excuse my self from the table and go into my room and just sit there and cry my eyes out.

I would take an ice cold shower, curl into my bed and guess what i would do?

Cry.

Again and again and again.

God if you can hear me, all this mate crap please make it go away.

The following two days went by just the same. Nothing changed.

I woke up at the crack of dawn the next morning not even remembering what i did yesterday, but anyone could've taken a pretty good guess. I missed waking up in his bed with his scent all over me. When I woke up the pain had subsided a bit. I sulked out of bed and brushed my teeth. I put my hair into a messy bun and sat at my window looking for something interesting to happen. No shit, nothing happened, i wasn't surprised. 

'Kioni, please eat, do something.' Izzi was just pleading with me.

I sat there and stared at the wall, most of the blood had left my face, i looked pale; my voice was croaky and i just looked like utter shit.If your brain could blow up from a over load mine would have. But it was the same thing on my mind. Niklaus!

I had been having images of him in my head; goodness his voice, his husky masculine voice was knocking me over the fucking bend. I would always cock my head to the side to get a better view of his beautiful blue eyes.

                                          ******************

Niklaus's POV;

She didn't believe me when i said i would be watching. She was such a beautiful sleeper. I leaned my head against the wall hoping that she would notice i was there. My body froze, my mind froze. That is until I caught Izzi's scent. Finally snapping back into it I jumped out the window, knowing Izzi she would kill me . There was my mate, sleeping, looking absolutely heart broken. Before I could even think about taking a step into the room , towards her; Izzi had her head poking through the door.

As i was saying; Kioni was a beautiful sleeper, the way her chest rose and fell it set my hormones on edge.

I wanted to kiss her so badly, i missed the way she would cup my face in her hands, bringing our lips together in another heated kiss. I hope that would be her way of forgiving me. If i came back. Which i will, eventually. I was truly the luckiest man alive to have such a beautiful mate. 

*Note; the next chapter will start with Niklaus's point of view.

                                           ------------------</pre>