Chapter Sixteen

I won't be updating on next Saturday because its my birthday, so I might update 2 chapters on sunday, if not I'll put up a chapter during the week and another on sunday.

Happy Reading :)

Also there will be only 1new POV coming in this chapter. Kailani's. It tells you where it starts.

.Niklaus's POV;

Yesterday was a total whirlwind. I am going to be father, a little baby is going to call me 'Daddy' soon.

My heart was leaking happiness in my bloodstream. I blushed at the thought of me,Kioni and OUR son having a family day out.

That would be perfect. I needed to tell my parents. My mother would be elated but its my father that I'm worried about, he thinks that I won't be ready to be a father...ever.

My own father, has doubts that I can't look after another human. How dare he?

I didn't have the time to argue with him today.

Kioni had insisted that we go on a picnic, I didn't want to go on a picnic! I didn't notice that I was stomping around the kitchen until Kioni grabbed my arm and pulled me towards her.

'Nik, you are going...how do you english people say it... "bonkers"' she laughed right it in my face.

Well who wouldn't? I was acting like a little baby.

'Kiki,' I planted my lips where her shoulder and neck, right where I marked her.

'I don't wanna go..' I said breathlessly, hoping this seduction would help change her mind.

'Niklaus, we are going.' Nope it didn't change her mind. She was so stubborn.

'Kioni....' I pouted my bottom lip, I was tempting her, but she didn't want to give in. But what she said after got me eager to go.

'But maybe when we get back we could...' I didn't let her finish her question, all I could say was;

'On second thoughts, I would love to go on a picnic, its a good way for all of us to bond.'

She grinned and continued making the food.

There were different types of sandwiches, fruits, cakes..everything. My mate is quite talented. I was busy admiring the food when Kailani and Mason entered the room. Kailani was literally sucking his face off.

'Kai not in the kitchen!' Kioni's voice sliced the air and instantly they lips broke apart. Mason smiled and took Kailani into the garden to continue their shenanigans. But that wasn't the end of it, Cain and Izzi had been inseparable for quite a while. Izzi has been all over him for while. Its quite gross.

'Okay everyone time to hit the road!'

The voice. I could recognise that voice anywhere..why is my father here?

He eyed me expecting me to say hello. No fuckin' way. He can expect whatever he wants till the death.

Our parents had offered to drive us in 2 different SUVs. We were going to break the news to them at the picnic site, it was a lake house. Mikael had chosen the place. It was where he found me when I ran away from Kioni. My mother used to take us there when we were young but since I first shifted she just...stopped. I went in the van that Kioni and her parents were taking, we were accompanied by Izzi,Cain,Leila and Mikael. I didn't want to be in the same car as my father at this moment in time. The journey to the lake house wasn't boring.

There was no tension in the car, we sang olden day songs and joked around together. I saw Kioni laughing with her parents, I couldn't remember when I'd last seen my parents and I do that..moving on.