three

Rune was sitting in her bedroom with a book in hand, though she wasn't paying much attention to what the words said when there was a knock on the door.

Without so much as a second thought Rune called for them to enter and smiled at the sight of her two children standing in the doorway. If there was one thing Rune loved most in the world it was Alec and Jane. The twins had immediately made a place in Runes heart and was ecstatic when they started calling her there mother.

"Hello my angels." Rune greeted with a smile as the twins came and sat on either side of her. Rune immediately forgot her book and wrapped in arm around both her children. Alec placed his head on Runes shoulder while Jane chose to cuddle into her side, placing her head on Runes stomach. The raven haired woman smiled, truly content as she played with Janes hair.

"Mom." Jane said after a moment. The queen made a noise of acknowledgment for her daughter to continue.

"Why'd you save that human today?" Jane asked after a moment of silent and Rune sighed.

"They just seemed to truly love each other and it would be a waste if they died." Rune answered honestly and Jane sat up so she could look at her mother.

"I don't like them." Jane stated, her voice practically a pout.

"Whys that beautiful?" The older woman asked, making the blondes lips twitch slightly.

"My gift doesn't work on her. What if something were to happen and I couldn't use my gift on her?" Jane asked and Rune could see the slight fear in her daughters eyes. The look made the raven haired queen reach out and pull the blonde tightly to her before pulling Alec into the hug.

"I would never let anyone come within a hundred feet from hurting you. You two are my children, my everything, and I will in no way, shape, or form allow you to be harmed. I love you." Rune whispered to her kids who both cuddled deeper into there mothers side.

"I love you too mom." The twins responded in unison before they all fell into a comfortable silence, still holding tightly to each other.

A/N: THE CUTENESS IN THIS IS INSANE IT MAKES MY HEART HAPPY. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I DECIDED TO HAVE JANE AND ALEC STAY AT THERE ORIGINAL AGE OF 12/13 LIKE THEY ARE IN THE BOOKS.