three

RUNE knew what she had to do. The second she woke up that much became evident. The ache in her marble bones, the pull in her ever still heart, the desire that clouded her brain.

Rune had to see Renesmee.

It was finally time. Seven years had come and gone, Renesmee was old enough, mature enough, strong enough, to finally come home.

Leaving Volterra without her family was hard. Rune might have been alive for many years, but all of those years had been filled with the companionship of her brothers, her children, and her coven.

"Everything will go well sister. That I know." Aro soothed, not needing to read his sisters thoughts to see the worry in her eyes.

"I don't see why we can't just take the child and be done with it." Caius muttered, ever the sympathetic soul he was.

"Caius." Athenodora chastised, fingers digging into her mates forearm and making him wince. "Be good."

Sulipcia snickered, and Rune grinned. Caius never wanted to admit just how much control Athenodora had over him despite the obviousness of any situation they were in.

"You will find love my sister, and then you will bring her home. I do so desperately desire to meet her." Sulipcia stated as she pulled the other vampire into a hug.

"I promise. I will come home with my dearest Renesmee." Rune agreed, now determined.

"Mother." Alec called, entering the room with his blonde counterpart following close behind. Rune smiled softly at her children, walking towards them and wrapping them in a tight embrace.

"Can we not accompany you mother, we know not how the Cullen's and mutts will react to your presence?" Jane asked softly, crimson eyes betraying the worry written across her usually calm features.

"I trust the Cullen family that they will not harm me, and if they do attempt to do so you need not worry. I can handle myself darlings. Besides I need you here. Who knows what will happen with me gone. Perhaps Demetri will attempt to flood the ballroom again." Rune muttered with a smirk, heading the affronted noise said male made as he walked into the room.

"That was only one time two hundred years ago. How many times must I apologize." Demetri whined while Heidi and Felix, who followed him in laughed.

"We get to tease you about it for at least a few more centuries." Heidi purred ever so seductive as she wrapped her arms around the embarrassed male.

"Or at least until you do something else embarrassing that we can tease you about." Felix said with a rumbling laugh as he ran his hands through Demetri's hair.

Rune laughed softly as she watched the three mates continue to bicker.

"Everything will work out, I promise." Rune murmured as she placed one final kiss to the tops of each other children's head.

The Volturi Queen stepped back then, throwing a final grin over shoulder.

"Well I'll see you soon, I've got a flight to catch and a mate to visit." With that RUNE VOLTURI LEFT VOLTERRA AND MADE HER WAY TO FORKS.

don't forget to leave a comment & vote !!

ALSO gUys I'm so close to 2k followers which is actually insane im so blown away that anyone likes what I write, much less 2000 people !!!!

Which books do you want me do update as a special thanks for when I get 2k ?