four

EDWARD smelled her before he could even hear her. The distinct scent of old parchment, thunder storms, and blood was an impossible scent to miss. He heard her thoughts next, heard the delight she thought of at the change to her mate again. Edward knew this day would come, and he found that he couldn't be to sad that it did, for Renesmee would finally be whole now, and that's all Edward could ever wish his daughter to be.

He met her on the end of the yard, sharp white teeth glimmering in a smile as the sun made his skin sparkle like diamonds.

Rune Volturi looked as beautiful as the day he first laid eyes on her, the day she saved the life of him and his mate that day in Volterra. Her blue eyes pierced into his very soul and if Edward didn't know any better he'd say she was reading his mind and not the other way around.

"Hello Edward." Her voice was as musical as ever, soft and yet strong.

"Hello Rune." He replied with a grin, which she returned in full. "I'm not going to lie, I thought you'd come sooner."

"She had to grow up before she became mine." Rune's reply was quiet, just a whisper to human ears, but Edward heard the meaning behind those words loud and clear. She had to grow up before I took her to Volterra.

Edward only nodded his head in understanding, and Rune grinned widely then. She smiled because now the Vampire Queen knew she would meet no resistance when it came to taking Renesmee back to Volterra. Promises ran through the queen's mind, ringing loud and clear for the mind reader. I will keep her safe. She will be loved. I will give her the whole world. I will —

"Rune?" A familiar voice called, and Rune's eyes moved quickly, blue leaving Edwards gold and connecting with the very person who was her other half.

"Renesmee." The vampire breathed.

RENESMEE didn't have the best sense of smell when one compared her to a member of the pack or her family, but it was still much better than a humans. Which is why Renesmee knew that she had come back. The newly immortal hybrid was running before she had time to contemplate just how she knew the scent. The scent she had only smelt once before seven years ago. And yet Renesmee knew without a doubt in her mind that this was her, this was Rune.

Renesmee was running. Running past trees and bushes and birds and squirrels and running—

And then she was standing right there, not three meters away. She took Renesmee's breath away even more than the first time they met. Years ago Renesmee was to young to know beauty, she had seen so little of the world and her her thoughts from that day still remain. Rune was the most beautiful thing in the entire universe.

All of a sudden it was to much. To much time had passed. To many thoughts were going through her head. To many nights had been spent thinking about the beautiful blue eyes queen. To much- to much- to much- to much- to much space was between them.

"Rune."

Then their eyes found one another's and the whole world simply didn't exist anymore. Those eyes that Renesmee had dreamt about did no justice to the beauty they were in this very moment. They were all Renesmee could see, not her father who had gone to give them the illusion of privacy. Not the several family members who were all watching out windows because this was the most interesting thing that had happened since Edward brought Bella home. Nothing mattered in the world anymore.

"Renesmee." Rune breathed and all of a sudden the younger girl was moving.

Quick as lightning Renesmee threw herself at the vampire who caught her without hesitating.

"Promise you'll never leave me again." Renesmee was only half aware of the words she was saying, paying more attention to the way the older's scent was now surrounding the hybrid, clinging to her very being while Rune leaned her face down to nuzzle into Renesmee's throat. Goosebumps popped up on the surface of her skin as the queen ghosted her nose up and down the hybrids neck before her lips pressed lightly to the base of Renesmee's throat.

"I promise."

don't forget to leave a comment & vote !! 

wOw if I'm not the queen of irregular updates then idk who is. 

side note, I'm like 8 follower away from 2k sooo if you wanna be super great and follow my account that'd be totally great, if not thats cool to. thanks for reading my books anyways. 

shout out to @-lilacprints cause she's an adorable bean. 10/10 would go check her stuff out!!