six

RENESMEE was anxious, as much as she didn't want to be, but it wasn't for the reasons one would think. Sure, she was nervous about leaving her family ( though more saddened then nervous ), and sure, she was vaguely terrified to meet the people that tried to kill her less then a decade ago, but more importantly, she had no idea what to bring.

Rune was at the main house, Renesmee could hear her if she focused, talking with Carlisle and Esme.

Renesmee was in her room in the cottage, suitcase open and laying on her bed, completely empty as the young hybrid rushed around her room, unable to decide what to bring.

"Need some help?" A familiar voice asked, startling the hybrid out of her thoughts as she looked towards the doorway. Rosa always had known how to sneak up on Renesmee, ever since they were young and playing games in the forests, it was the times she was best at being quiet, her competitive streak kicking in. Now, Renesmee could only smile gratefully at her sister and nod.

"So you're really going, huh?" Rosa asked as she grabbed articles of clothing from the dresser and put them on the section of the bed that wasn't being taken up by the suitcase.

"Yeah, I am." Renesmee asked, feeling excitement settle in her gut where the anxiety used to be. Renesmee has wanted this, at least abstractly, for seven years. In the beginning, when she was young and following the first time she met Rune, all she knew was that she wanted to see her again, to see her pretty eyes and see if her cloak was as soft as it looked. Then, as she got older and her parents sat her down and explained just who Rune was, and who she was to Rune, Renesmee wanted in a whole different way. She wanted to see Volterra, was curious in slightly morbid ways that had her father sending her second glances and sending her to talk to Carlisle, who answered her Volturi questions with a kind smile and impassive voice. They had all known what fate would become of Renesmee, had grown past their hatred and resentment as the fact solidified that Renesmee would be joining the coven in one way or another.

"You'll come back though, won't you, at least to visit." Rosa asked after awhile, and when Renesmee and her locked eyes it made apart of the young hybrid ache. Her sister looked vulnerable, and her eyes glistened with what looked like tears. There had always been a gap between the twins, while Renesmee knew she was not exactly experienced in the ways or the world, Rosa was even less so. She liked to act confident, grown in ways that would catch Jacobs attention now that she had learned just how they could be if she wanted, and she wanted, but at the same time Rosa had more time then Renesmee ever could. Rosa would get to live a more human life then Renesmee would ever. Renesmee who had grown as much as she could in the past seven years, Renesmee who ached to be with someone she had only met once.

"Of course." Was all the girl could say as she wrapped her sister into a hug, clinging to her for a long moment before pulling away. "Always."