eleven

Rune didn't know if she was ready to face them yet. She didn't know if she was ready for the possibility for her family to die, but the world didn't revolve around her, and Rune had to be ready.

"Mom." Jane spoke and the blue eyed queen looked up as Jane spoke again. "What do you thinks going to happen."

"I'm not sure baby, but what I do know is that I'm going to protect you and Alec and my brothers, no matter what." Rune responded, hugging her daughter before moving to her place next to Aro and Marcus.

"Ready to kill the Cullen's sister." Caius asked, his eyes flashed with excitement.

"As ready as I'll ever be brother." Rune replied, giving her brother a smile as they took of running.

When they reached the clearing Rune was surprised by the sheer size of vampires that had gathered to stand for the Cullen's. There were many covens on there side that Rune didn't expect or know, and that made her cautious.

Slowly they came to a stop. First the witnesses, then the lower guard, then the main guard, then Caius and Marcus, then Rune, then finally Aro.

All the Volturi took of their hoods in one motion, except one, the one that made everyone on the Cullen's side the most nervous.

Rune kept her hood up, hiding her face from everyone, though allowing her to see everything.

It was then, standing in a snow filled forest on opposite sides of the battle field that Rune saw her.