seven

RUNE watched from afar as her young mate said her goodbyes to her family, not wanting to encroach on the precious moment, when Bella approached.

"Promise me you will keep her safe." Bella asked, her voice strong and serious and Rune looked at her, truly looked at her. Isabella Swan had a hell of a life, and yet she had stayed strong to her beliefs, she had done everything she could to protect her family, at the risk of her own life, and Rune could admire that. The queen had no doubt that if it had come to it, all those years ago on a snowy field, Isabella would have fought and died for her daughters.

She raised them well, raised them into beautiful young women, raised Renesmee to be everything Rune had not known she needed, and Rune was grateful for that.

"I swear to you." Rune responded, equally as serious. They watched each other, golden eyes looking at the women she was entrusting the safety of her daughter to, and red eyes gazing at the mother of the girl she would love eternally.

"Mom." Renesmee's voice had them both looking her way. The young hybrid stood a few meters away, face uncertain as her gaze flickered between the two.

"Nes." Bella replied, walking over to wrap her child in a tight embrace. Rune looked away, towards Edward who was coming close to shake her hand, he already knew, of course he did, that she would keep her safe.

Finally, it seemed it was time to leave, the hybrid extracting herself from her mothers right grip as she whispered her final I love you's and stood at Rune's side. The older looked down at her, lips curling into a smile and eyes soft and fond. Renesmee smiled back and if Rune's heart still beat it would no doubt have fluttered.

"Ready to go?" The queen asked, resting a hand on her back as she guided her to the car they were taking to the airport.

"More then I've ever been ready for anything." Renesmee responded, her voice steady and sure. Rune kissed the back of her hand and listened to the way it made the young hybrid's heart beat loudly, let the sound settle her, and smiled.

Yes, they were both quiet ready for whatever journey awaited them, as long as the other was by their side.

END.