eight

Flipping ideally through old book pages Rune sighed and looked at her brothers, all of whom were reading books of there own.

"Bored sister?" Caius asked, looking up at the brunette who shrugged.

"There's nothing to do." Rune responded, and as if on cue the doors opened. Rune looked up excitedly to see Demetri and Felix enter, along with a blonde Rune didn't know.

Said woman looked nervously around her, golden eyes meeting Runes blue ones and she shrank back. It was extremely rare for someone to lay eyes on Rune Volturi, and even rarer to survive that encounter.

"What is it girl?" Rune questioned, cocking her head to the side with little interest as she scanned the blonde up and down.

"I've come to report a crime." The blonde mumbled, keeping her head down in respect. "The Cullen's have done something terrible."

Her words obviously caught all of their interest as Aro got up, moving to grab the blondes hand as Rune moved out of her seat to creep closer to the unknown golden eyes visitor.

"Oh my." Aro murmured and Rune moved closer to her brother, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"What do you see brother?" Rune questioned, her voice both curious and cautious.

"The Cullen's, they've created an immortal child." Aro responded and Rune couldn't hold back the hiss that escaped her at the sound of immortal children.

"Are you certain brother, it does not sound like Carlisle to do such a thing?" Rune asked, eyes watching her brother as he turned to her.

"I am certain dear sister, I saw the child, it is as we fear." Aro responded, going to his throne and taking a seat.

Rune waited a moment. In truth she didn't want to believe the Cullen's would do something like this, but she had faith in Aro, he wouldn't lie to her. So Rune took a seat in her throne, fingers gripping the edge of it.

"Then we most destroy it, the Volturi don't give second chances." Rune stated, and that began the planning of the Cullen's demise.