Chapter Three

Ben Pov....

The next day I got Skylar ready. She insisted on eating at the diner. She loves the waitress there. I don't know why she was too, what's the word....annoying. l drove and parked at the diner and I grabbed Skylar's hand and we walked in. I didn't see her no where. Sky ran from me and walked up to a man. "Is the beautiful brown Barbie here. She always comes to my table and she gives me food."

"I'm sorry not today. She works tomorrow." He said, and she sighed. She came back to my table and poured.

"Princess how about we order your favorite breakfast. Don't be sad." I said, and she smiled a little.

"I really wanted to see her today. I brought the dolly that looks like her." She said pouting again. I sighed, and looked out the window to see if she was to somehow magically pop up. I never seen her attach herself to anybody like this. Maybe I can bribe a worker heavy cash to bring that girl here for my pumpkin. Just than she walked through the door. She went to the man and said something to him and he looked upset. She saw us and smiled. I could tell something was wrong it was fake. I always could tell but my Princess thought it was real. She walked towards us and handed me a wad of cash.

"You gave me too much money here's your change." She said in a hoarse voice.

"You came!" Skylar said and crushed the girl in a hug. I could tell she was in pain. "I brought the dolly that looks like you."

"She looks absolutely beautiful. I told Millie my friend about you. She would be delighted if you were to go see her daughter." She said. She turned towards me and handed me a piece of paper. That's the address and how to get there from the diner." "I must be going. Goodbye Skylar, and you sir. I hope you love it here."

"Skylar loves it so I do too." I responded. "It's safer than the city." She scoffed, and fixed herself.

"Yes very safe." She excused herself and left. I told Skylar to wait here.

Aaliyah Pov....

He was there next to me when I woke up. I left the bed and limped to the bathroom. I cleaned myself up and packed my bags. I couldn't stay here anymore. I carried them and left my bags outside the diner. I walked up to Bill and resigned from the job. His face was so sad, I couldn't believe I was letting one guy drag me out of this town. The people who raised me, and loved me. I just couldn't do it anymore.

....

I left Skylar and her dad and walked out the diner. This place wasn't safe as long as they had him near me. Nobody knew. I kept it a secret the fear of him killing me. I had to let him have his way. He made me so vulnerable. I hated myself. He stripped everything from me.

"Hey!" It was Skylar dad walking towards me. I raised an eyebrow, and fixed my face and smiled.

"Yes?" I questioned.

"Your leaving this town. Are you having money problems?" He asked.

"No, it's just that....I am so tired of the smalls town life. I want to move." I said, and he looked like he didn't buy it.

"Look I'm not an idiot. I can see something is bothering you. The way my daughter hugged you look like you were in immense pain. I'll pay you to watch my daughter this summer. Be her nanny, as I am a busy working man. You can have a room in the house. You cook and clean. Feed the farm animals and make my Princess happy. I'll pay you handsomely." He said, and before I could deny it. "I'm not taking no for an answer. My daughter is quite fond of you. I do not know why. Come sit and eat with us. It's on me."

He grabbed my bags and put them in the car. I walked in and sat with them. "You will have to quite your job here, as you will be working full time for me."

"I did. I just have to tell Bill I'm staying here." I said, and getting up caused pain. I gritted my teeth, and stood. I walked towards Bill. "I will be staying here in town now. I got a job too. That man just gave me one. I'm sorry."

"Oh it's alright. I knew one day you would get another job." He said, and hugged me. "I'm just glad your not leaving all of us. Your family." I smiled feeling the tears trying to release from my eyes. I excused myself and took a seat next to Skylar.

"Is it true your living with us." She asked. I opened my mouth but he answered for me.

"Yes she will pumpkin." His face lighted up with joy at Skylar being happy. Margie came over and got their orders. When it came to me I shook my head not wanting any. "She would take three chocolate chip pancakes, and a glass of chocolate milk too."

I sighed. He was very controlling. It didn't help that I couldn't even look up at him. "So what's your name?" He asked.

"Aaliyah, Aaliyah Monroe." I said, and played with my fingers.

"That's a nice name." Skylar said and I looked up smiling.

"Thank you."

"Where's your mommy and daddy?" She asked. I stiffened at that questioned. My eyes watered and I looked away.

"So Sky how about tomorrow you invite Millie's friend over to the house to play." Skylar's father encouraged changing the subject. I was very grateful of that.

"Yes! We can play with all my toys." She said excitedly. The food was placed down in front of us. I dug into it silently. Talking to Skylar talk about whatever. I told her all about Jessie, Millie's daughter.

I thanked the guy in front of me for the food, before I could get up there he walked in. Jake Piew walked up to my table.

"Aaliyah can we talk?" He asked so nicely. I looked at Skylar's father trying to give him a signal but obviously he didn't get it.

"Fine go ahead. Five minutes, if any longer you can find a ride to the farm." He said, and I was grabbed and jerked out of the diner. I was taken to the back.

"You are nothing but a sleazy little girl." He said, slamming my body against the wall. I fell to the ground and I was kicked in the stomach. "You better be home tonight. I bet not see you with him again or that little girl is dead." He threatened. My eyes popped out. I was beyond scared. He never threatened nobody else before. He left and I stood dusting myself off. I walked to the front of the diner and saw Skylar's dad waiting impatiently next to the car.

"I....I am going to have to decline the job opportunity." I said, and he looked furious. I looked away. "I'm so sorry. It just cant work out."

"Is your jealous boy friend preventing you from not going.you are going to work for me. My daughter adores you. You wouldn't want to disappoint her do you." He said, and I shook my head no.

"I....I don't, but....I just can't." I said and he pulled me towards the car. He opened the passenger seat and I didn't have no choice but to get in. I didn't know what he was capable of. I buckled myself in. I felt my heart beating. No matter where I went. He knew where I was. He might just fall through with this threat. I couldn't let him do that. It would crush her father and I'll feel guilty of knowing the threat he made. I had to tell him.

"Stop overthinking it. I am sure he will understand." He said, and I started shaking.