Chapter Six

Once at home I started cleaning up. Scrubbing floors, and washing clothes. I grabbed a basket of clothes and went to the living room where the girls played as a cartoon was on. I folded them. "I'll be back girls I have to put these clothes in their proper spot. Call me if you need something." I said, and they nodded continuing to play. I smiled at how well they are getting along.

I rushed to put the clothes up so I wouldn't have to leave them alone down there. I knocked on Ben's door, not wanting to intrude on his alone time. He opened the door, and he stood there with only a towel wrapped around his waist loosely. "I....uh....here." I said, giving him the basket of his clothes. I didn't want to look, and being this close to him made me so uncomfortable. He chuckled and closed the door. I frowned, and made my way to the girls.

....
I was reading a novel I found, and he came down. He was in a nice fitted suit. "I am off to a business meeting to get the bank. I will be back in an hour." He said, and I nodded not wanting to give him another glance. He left and I sighed.

"Can we have some juice?" Skylar asked.

"One juice cup that's it." I said, and they nodded agreeing to that term. I grabbed them each an apple juice and had them ready for them. "How about we draw a huge picture." I stated and they smiled. We went to my room and I put one of my old tees on them. I grabbed my paper and some of my paint. We went outside and I took them to the table. We painted. I decided to paint the swing set, with the leaves that bury the bottom. I also painted myself as a little girl. How happy I was. When I had my parents.

"Aaliyah are you okay?" Skylar asked. I hadn't noticed I was crying.

"Yes, I am fine. Just my allergies." I said, and she got up and hug me.

"Don't be sad." She whispered to me. I wiped my tears away.

"Is something wrong?" Ben asked. Worried was etched all over his face.

"No, everything is fine. The girls and I are painting." I said, and stood.

"I can handle it from here if you would like to go inside." He said, and I nodded. I walked away. Once inside I went to my room. I got undressed and took a bath. I sat there in the tub, with my knees against my chest. I cried.

"Daddy can I show Aaliyah my painting." Skylar whispered.

"Not right now. Aaliyah isn't feeling well at the moment. She needs her time alone okay." He responded back in a hush tone. I stretched out in the tub and laid my head back. I added more hot water to the already cool water. Cutting it off I sighed as I let my body soak. I closed my eyes relaxing.

....

Ben Pov....

An hour later I heard screams. I was hoping the girls didn't hear it. I turned their tv up louder, and told them I'll be right back. If that man was in my house I'll kill him. I ran to her room and opened the door. She must still be in the bathroom. I knocked on the door. "Aaliyah are you okay?" I asked, and her screams were now muffled. I open the door, and she was sleep ok the tub, and her body was going under. I grabbed her towel and picked her up. Not glancing at her body below.  "Wake up Aaliyah!" I shouted. She began to fight as if someone was attacking her. Screaming to stop. Begging not to be touched. Soon her body went limp and she whimpered.

I laid her on her bed, and took my t-shirt off. I slipped it on her and as it reached her thigh I took the damp towel off and covered her up. "Aaliyah." I called for her shaking her awake.

....
Aaliyah's Pov....

Someone was shaking me and I opened my eyes. All I saw was Ben naked from the top up. I screamed. Tears releasing from my eyes. "Please don't." I whispered scooting away from him.