Chapter Fourteen

Summer was over and I was on month two. The doctor check ups we're going perfect. I was doing yoga in the living room to keep a positive mind. My small bump was growing little by little. Skylar came running in in her school uniform. "It's time for school Aaliyah!" She yelled excitedly. I smiled. She sat down in front of me and I brushed her hair into a ponytail. I slipped a bow in and she smiled. "Are you coming to drop me off?" She asked.

"I would love too." I said. I had on my yoga gear. I slipped on a cardigan. Ben was dressed in a suit.

"Skylar it is time to go." He said. "Did you plan on coming with us?" He asked, and I nodded.

"I'm going to Millie's to have breakfast at the diner." I said, and he nodded. We left. His hand rested on my leg. I grabbed it and played with it. When he pulled up at the school the teacher was ready to take her. Ben hugged her tightly and kissed her on the cheek.

"I'll be Daddy. Don't worry." She said and he laughed. She turned to me and hugged me and my tummy. "Bye Aaliyah. Bye little baby." She said to my stomach. I smiled. She took the teachers hand. We waved and watched them enter the school. He sighed.

"She's going to be okay." I said, and he nodded. This was her first departure from him. He headed towards Millie's house.

"Keep safe and try not to do anything dangerous." He said seriously.

"I won't don't worry." I said trying to ease his stress. He reached over and kissed me. I kissed him back depending the kiss. "We better stop." I said trying to collect my breathes. He touched my stomach and looked up at me.

"I'll be back soon." He said, and I nodded. I got out and walked to the door and opened it. I waved back and he waved. I walked in and closed the door.

"Millie I'm here!" I called for her and she walked in.

"Let's go in starving." She said, and I nodded. We took a walk to the diner and took a seat.

"What would you like to order?" Martin asked.

"Three original pancakes, sausage, and grits." Millie said.

"Three chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, eggs, grits. Oh and cinnamon French toast sticks. A glass of apple juice." I said, and he nodded.

"You are a hungry mama." Millie said and I nodded. "So, how's life?" She ask.

"It's good. The baby I do have to say is bringing Ben and I closer than ever. Always stealing kisses now. We hold hands. We're not together but you know it's almost as if we are. We just don't carry the stress of the title."

"Sounds good. We should go shopping after we eat." I nodded. I did bring money. Once our food was there I ate as if it was my last meal. When we were done Millie paid for our meal and I thanked her. We went shopping. I got a couple of maxi dresses, and skirts for the future. I also got some work out clothes, and shoes. I paid for my things and waited for Millie to get done. When she was done we went for a spa day. We went to Georgie's Salon. I got my hair died. An ombré of chestnut brown. (So from black to the brown) She straightened my hair and gave me a tiny ponytail at the top. I paid her and gave her a tip. I thanked her. Millie just got hers washed and curled.

"Your hair looks amazing." She said, and I smiled. "We better get to my house. Ben should be there and don't want him to start panicking. He might think I'm kidnapping you." She joked and I laughed. Funny but true. We left and he was there parked in the drive way. We walked up to him and he looked around.

"Where's your car?" He asked.

"We walked. It's only a five minute walk. Don't worry. It was great exercise." I said and he sighed nodding.