Chapter Twelve

It was fourth July. Kids were running around playing. People splashing in the pool. The guys were barbecuing on the grill. I laughed at them teaching Ben how to do it. I grabbed a drink started drinking. Joanne strolled up in shorts and a bikini bottom. Why did she have to be invited. I frowned and went towards Millie. "Stop frowning. You don't want wrinkles." She said, and I rolled my eyes. "I am sure he wouldn't hook up with her. You've been his intimate partner for a while now."

"What if it meant nothing. What if he is just looking for something else. I know I cant hold on because he is bound to find someone who he loves." I said.

"Your not falling for him are you?" She asked.

"No don't be ridiculous." I said.

"Do you have a crush on him?" Millie gasped and I felt my face warm up. "What are you going to do?" She asked.

"I don't like him. It is still way too soon. He's just attractive." I said in all honesty. She nodded understanding. Ben went inside the house. Two minutes later Joanne went inside.

"She's going to seduce him." You need to go inside and stop her." Millie said.

"No he can do whatever he wants." I said. It was true. We aren't together so why does it matter Millie took her plate of nachos and rubbed it on my shirt. "Millie." I said trying to get it off of me.

"You need an excuse to go inside. Don't want it to look planned as if you are stopping them." She said.

"I don't care what he does. If he does have sex with her he cant have sex with me anymore." I said, and she pushed me towards the house. I was very upset she would waste her nachos on me. I could have simply said we ran out of drinks and people were requesting more. She wasted perfectly good food. I felt the tears almost coming out of my eyes. I never got to taste any of it. I bumped into someone. I was too busy looking at the mess on my shirt. I looked up and saw an almost naked Joanne. I covered my eyes.

"Oh my god. Could you people get a room. I said walking out of the room with them. I think I'm going to be sick. I changed my clothes. I put my bathing suit on, and put a swim cover on top. I walked covering my eyes again.

"Liyah you can uncover your eyes." Ben said and I peeped and it was just him.

"Next time use your room. You wouldn't want anyone popping up on you, especially a kid." I lectured him.

"We weren't doing anything. I just came to get more meat. She got naked all by herself." He said.

"Okay." I said. "You can do whatever you want Ben. Your a grown man."

"Aaliyah don't be like that." He said, and I raised an eyebrow.

"Be like what?" I questioned.

"I don't know but o want the Aaliyah I know. The only girl I'm intimate with is you." He said, and I felt my face heat up. He walked up to me about to kiss me but we were interrupted.

"Li!" Nate said.

"Hi Nate." I said.

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked, and before Ben could say anything I shook my head no. "I just wanted to inform you my last day here is Sunday. Maybe we can have that dinner tomorrow." He ashes hopeful.

"Ben could you give us some space." I pleaded.

"I'll be in the kitchen preparing stuff." Ben said and I laughed.

When he left the room I grabbed Nate by the arm we took a seat in the couch. "About going out to eat. Nate what we had back than was something special. I will always cherish it. You will always be someone I remember. Right now I just need your friendship. I need you to love a woman who can give you everything you need." I said very seriously.