Chapter Twenty-Two

The next day I woke up to light shaking. "Why are you in here?" He asked. I pushed him away from me.

"How could you?" I asked being brought to tears.

"What happened?" He asked confused.

"I closed the website browser done looking at baby clothes and the email popped up. You got a contract when you knew I was staying. You don't believe me. Your stuck on the past. Don't you see I would never do such a thing to you. I care too much about you, Skylar, and our baby." I said hurt. I stormed passed him and walked outside. I fed the horses their food.

"Aaliyah you got it all wrong. That email is old. I was responding to my lawyer to drop the contract. I trust you completely. I know it didn't seem that way. I was going to tell you, but I didn't want to ruin life. It was going to well. We both are happy. Now I have hurt you, and I didn't mean too. You gotta believe me." He begged. I fed Apples another apple and dust my hands off.

"I believe you. I should have let you explained. Now I have to get ready, we have shopping to do." I said, and he bent down and picked me up. I screamed, laughing.

He ran inside and took us to his room. I was placed down and got ready for our trip.

When everyone was ready we went baby shopping. "Just think soon we will be holding him." I said and he smiled. Skylar sat in the basket while we got important things.

"Ben." I said.

"Aaliyah." He said turning to me.

"I will be right back. I need to go to the ladies room." I said.

"We should go together. I'll wait outside the door." He said and I nodded. I went to the bathroom getting myself cleaned up. I washed my hands and fixed my hair. I could use a trim. I walked out and we continued our shopping.

"Don't you think these will look so cute." I gushed showing a an outfit I out together with suspenders and a cute little hat. "I know when he hits one month I want a photo of him wearing this. Hands up to his face. With a cute little sign saying one month." I said. I put the items in the basket and I kept rambling on certain items. "I am sorry." I said scrunching my nose up.

"What's wrong?" He asked looking at me.

"I have probably talked yiur head away. Just shopping makes it all real. I am going to be holding my baby very soon. I can't wait. I wanted this for so long, and soon it will be here." I said and he smiled.

"I don't mind you talking. You can talk as much as you like." He said and I smiled at how sweet he was. Skylar sat in the cart holder, watching a show on Ben's phone. He fixed the bow in her hair and she moved her head away. "Skylar let me fix it." He said and I laughed softly.

I began walking away. I found some more items, and some pregnancy clothes. Ben found me and I placed what I had in the cart for the baby. I looked at some maternity wear for myself. "Find anything you like?" He asked.

"Eh....I think I might get a few dresses. More airy instead of pants. I find myself wanting to be more comfortable. Jeans just not really on my comfy zone." I said and he helped me choose out a few.

After shopping we went to the diner and ate. I went in with the food I got. I ordered a plate of Alfredo pasta, fried chicken, a plate of fries, and rolls. I took a bite from every plate. "You eat a lot." Skylar said. "Is the baby really hungry?" She asked.

"Yes and me." I said.

"Eat! You want some of my macaronis?" She asked. I smiled.

"No thank you." I said and continued to eat. Ben got up and answered a phone call. I cleared my plate of fries and focused on my pasta. I danced to the music in the background and Skylar giggled. She danced with me. "Come on get on rythm girl. Watch me." I said and showed her. She followed along and I smiled. "I think we should do a bun in your hair for school."