Chapter Twenty

Aaliyah's Pov....

Millie provided me pajamas, and I laid on the couch hugging my pillow in the dark. I let the tears come out. How could he do this to me? I tried making up excuses for him leaving.

....

It's been a month later. I was four months and almost two weeks. I moved back into my apartment. My doctor appointments have been going good. I haven't seen Ben in a while. I see Skylar when she visits Jessie, but that's it. Not seeing Ben for so long made me miss him so much, but I couldn't think like that. He let me go, not caring for me. He didn't care when I stated I was moving out. He tried to hand me money but I shrug his hand off. I walked out telling him goodbye and that this was for the best. How many times were we going to have conflict. I couldn't stay in he house with conflict, it's his house. He stays I move. It was a horrible idea for me to stay at his house.

I got up doing my regular morning routine. I saw a cupcake on my counter and a gift. It was from Millie. I smiled. I liked the icing. Vanilla red velvet cupcake. Delicious. I opened the gift, it was a nice watch. She didn't have to do this.

As you guessed today was my twenty-fourth birthday. Next to the box was a card. It read Ben on top. I opened it and a pair of keys fell out.

Happy Birthday Aaliyah. I know things between us aren't good, but I still care for you a lot. I hope you love your gift. No returning. Also keep safe.

~Ben

I grabbed the keys and went outside and clicked the key. A car flashed and I walked up to the identical car of Ben's. I opened the door and sat in the drivers seat. It was cute, but I cant accept this. He bought me a car. I started it up, and buckled myself in. I drove to Millie's.

"Millie!" I yelled when I walked through her door.

"Happy Birthday!" She yelled engulfing me into a hug.

"Thanks. More importantly he got me a gift. You dropped it off. The envelope." I said, and she nodded.

"Yeah he gave it to me." She said.

"He got me a car. You have to return it. I cant accept that." I said.

"Maybe he's trying to apologize." She said.

"You cant buy an apology." I said. "I'll give it to him myself. I cant believe he would get me a car. It was so nice, but that's a lot. This must have been expensive." I left and drove to the bank where he probably is hiding off.

"Hi Kyle, can I speak to Ben?" I asked.

"Happy Birthday, and he's very busy. You can try." He said. I thanked him and went to this office but not before silently saying hey to my parents in the picture. I knocked on his door. He said come in, in an irritated voice.

I nervously opened the door, and he was hurried in his paperwork. "What is it you want?" He said not looking up.

"Thanks for the birthday gift, but I simply cant accept a car." I said and he looked up instantly.

"Aaliyah." He said looking up at me. He stood. "It's been a while." He said, and I nodded. "Skylar has told me about seeing you. She misses you."

"I miss her. Now about the car. Take it back, it must have been expensive." I stated.

"I can't. It's your car." He said.

"It's not my car. I didn't buy it."

"It's in your name sorry. Did you not read the card? I cant accept it back. No giving back. I hope you like it." He said smiling. I noticed his features. He looked extremely tired, he had stubble all over his chin. He didn't look like himself. I noticed the beer at his desk.