Chapter Nine

The ride to the house was filled with many snores. When I parked in the drive way I picked Skylar up. "Aaliyah wake up." I shook her and she woke up frowning at me. She stood, and closed the door.

Aaliyah Pov....

"Someone's a little grumpy." He said, I could hear the laughter in his voice. I stormed off inside, and went to my room. I brushed my hair into a messy bun, and slipped on pajamas. I got in bed and tried to fall asleep but that wasn't going to happen since that jerk woke me up. There was a knock on my door and he walked in.

"What you did could have put you in trouble." He said seriously. So first he's mocking me now giving me a lecture. Who does he think he is. "You should have told me first, so I wouldn't have to worry about your well being."

"My well being. As I recall when I was done dancing with Nate, you were gone. So I knew you must have had your "one night stand" with Joanne, and left you to it. I went to watch the movie with Skylar and Jessie." I said firing back for the first time.

"Sounds to me someone is a little jealous." He said, smirking. I scoffed.

"Jealous? Jealous of what to be exactly. If you are referring to Joanne, try again mister. I am not jealous of her. Nor will I ever be jealous of a woman who uses her body to gain attention from man. How dare you say I am jealous. Her and I aren't on the same level. I am not a slut. I don't just sleep around with other men. Jealous. Oh please. I would never be jealous of a woman. Especially how you looked at her as if she was a piece of meat." I snapped. I had it up to here with him for tonight. I stood, and grabbed a bag ready to pack up.

"Stop packing your bag Aaliyah." He said reaching for my arm and once he grabbed it I started panicking. I started kicking him. Screaming not to touch me.

Ben's Pov....

She was kicking me, and screaming to the top of her lungs not to touch her. I released my grip on her and saw the fear in her face. She didn't even look like she was here. As if she was in a headspace trapped. She crawled into the corner of the room and rocked herself. Sobbing into her arms. I sighed. I bent down, and tried to touch her but she pushed herself further into the wall.

"Aaliyah. It's Ben. I won't hurt you okay. I'm sorry." I said calling to her. She shook her head. Certain things must trigger her to become like this. After five minutes of telling her it's alright she finally picked her head up. I smiled to assure her. I picked her up and put her in bed. She curled up and closed her eyes.

Aaliyah Pov....

The next day I got ready early. I wanted to spend some time at the lake drawing. I wrote a note to Ben telling him of my plans. I grabbed Skylar and we took the walk to the lake.

She had her dolls, and coloring pages to keep her busy. An hour later I braided her hair so it wouldn't fly in her face. "Do you love my Daddy?" She asked out of no where.

"He's a great friend." I said, and she sighed. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"I have no mommy. Daddy supposed to have a wife. Jessie has a mommy and a daddy." She explained tears coming to her eyes. I felt so sad. I picked her up and hugged her.

"Don't cry Skylar. Maybe one day he will have a wife. She could be your mommy. Love is something you have to find, it cant be forced." I said, and she nodded. I saw Ben walk out the house looking at us. "That must be our cue to go back." I said. She sighed. I packed our things up and we walked back to the house. Skylar walked to her Dad and started talking to him, I walked right passed him. I needed to do the laundry, cook and clean. I put a load of clothes in the washer and started picking up toys.