Chapter Eighteen

When I woke up my back was a little stiff. I found paper and a pen. I wrote to Millie. I told her I was out to purchase my motel room. I got to the place and Andy smiled at me. "Hey Aaliyah. Ready for your room." He asked.

"How did you know I was purchasing a room." I asked.

"Ben bought it. He asked for the best secure room. Here's your key. Stay as long as you want. He told me to tell you that." Andy said and I nodded. I left and went back to Millie's. She was up and flipping pancakes.

"I see you got your key." Millie said.

"He bought me a room already Millie. He asked for the best one that was secure." I said. She was as surprised as me. "Also told Andy to tell me to stay there as long as I want."

"Girl y'all need to talk." She said and I shook my head. She helped me move into the motel. I stayed there that night. I felt so lonely and miserable. I was craving seriously. Normally I'll go to the kitchen and eat brownies and peanut butter. I was too scared to walk to the store at night by myself. I knew if Ben knew I did he would be upset I would risk myself in danger. I missed him so much. I couldn't sleep in this bed. I wish I hadn't said those mean things. There was a knock. I checked the peep hole. It was Andy. I opened it.

"Here you go. Special delivery. Ben says to make sure you drink water. I grabbed the brownies and peanut butter, and the water bottle. He also slid two hundred dollars in my hand. "He says to make sure you eat and to call him if you need more money." He said, and I nodded. I thanked Andy and closed the door making sure to lock it. I went to my room and cried. He still cares about me even though I said those hurtful things to him. I stayed in my room all Friday and Saturday ordering pizza. Millie came by and she packed my bags up.

"Stop crying. He loves you Aaliyah. What man would you know do all this. He is probably scared to love and give all of himself to someone again." She said and I dried my tears. It was night time.

"He is probably in bed right now Millie." I said as the tears came.

"He is not." She said, and grabbed my bags. She put them in her car and we took off.

....

Ben's Pov....

She's been gone for days. I couldn't stand her presence gone. I have gotten used to it. My parents got here as they said they would. Arriving early at a ridiculous time. They stay here really bothered me. Skylar enjoyed them being here but I was getting furious. When Skylar was sleep I told them the truth. "I am having another child." I said drinking a beer getting ready for my mothers lecture.

"Who is she? How could you be so careless. What if she is after your money?" My mother said scornfully. I rolled my eyes.

"She isn't like that. She's three months along." I said, and my mother ranted about responsibilities.

"Are you going to marry her?" She asked.

"Were not dating. Just good friends." I said, and my mother rolled her eyes.

"Since when have you had sex with a good friend. I know you, you have careless sex and drop them. What is she like, and why has she caught the eye of my son?" She asked.

"Her name is Aaliyah. She's twenty-three, she's very smart. It started off with her helping me with Skylar. Skylar is very fond of her. I trust her completely with Skylar. She's a beautiful girl. We won't ever date, we're not like that. Just friends." I said. I was hurt to say that. She hates me. She hates that I am controlling. I don't try to be, I am just looking out for her.

"You like this girl. No love. The twinkle in your eye. I want to see this Aaliyah tomorrow. I'm postponing our leave till Tuesday." My mother declared and I rolled my eyes again getting irritated.