Chapter Eleven

Tomorrow was July fourth. Ben bought a grill and he bought hotdogs, burgers, chicken, and lost of BBQ sauce. We invited everyone over. He got a bouncy house for kids, and people could go swimming in the lake. I was cleaning up the house. I took a seat, and fan myself.

"Ben turn the AC on please." I said, and he laughed.

"It is on Liyah." He called, and I continued to fan myself. Getting ready for tomorrow was very hard. "You are sweating are you alright?" He asked.

"I am just overworking myself. I just want the place to be spotless." I said, and he massaged my neck. I relaxed. He knew of how stressed I was. My breast have been swollen and getting tender. Which probably is a sign my period is coming. I just hope it didn't come tomorrow because I want to get in the water. I got a one piece bathing suit and I couldn't wait to wear it.

"The house is clean. Tomorrow will go perfect. No need to worry." He said, and I sighed. It will. We bought a lot of food, everything was prepped for the grilling.

He wrapped his arms around my neck and sucked on my soft spot. I held in my moan. "Skylar might can hear us." I said, and he kept sucking.

"She is taking a nap." He said, and I turned around and we kissed. "You look sexy." He said, and I blushed. He pulled my lips from between my teeth. "Baby girl I wouldn't do that." He said, and I laughed.

"Or what?" I said, and he smirked.

"A naughty girl you are." He said, and tried to reach in for a kiss but I turned my head. He kissed my cheek. I went to the kitchen and grabbed the soft chocolate cookies I have grown to love. "Hey no fair." He said chasing after me.

"No kiss." I said and he chased me around the couch and I stopped. I threw up the cookies I devoured and probably today's breakfast. I shouldn't have ran while eating. I upset my stomach.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes. I shouldn't have been running." I said, and he carried me to my room. I got cleaned up, brushing my teeth. "I can clean up my mess." I said.

"Nonsense stay here and rest. I'll bring you some water." He said, and I thanked him. He came back with a glass of cold water.

"You can't expect me to just lay here all day." I said taking a sip of water. He sat at the end of my bed.

"I'll keep you company." He said. He cracked jokes, and talked. We did a little kissing but that was it. Our friendship was a little funny to me. It was simple nothing too serious. No strings attached. I was scared of falling for him. He wasn't here for love he was here for a better life for his daughter and business. He sucked on my neck.

"Your giving me too many hickeys. I can't cover them all." I pouted. He kissed me softly on the lips.

"That's the point." He said, and laughed. I rolled my eyes at him. I gave him one below his jaw.

"Have fun with that." I said, and smirked.

"I will." He said, and I rolled my eyes. Of course he wouldn't care. He started kissing me and I deepened the kiss.

"Daddy where are you?" Skylar asked.

He stood, and fixed himself. I fixed my clothing and tried collecting my breath. "I am right here Princess. Just talking to Aaliyah for a moment." He said opening the door. She hugged him and he picked her up. She rubbed her eyes. "How was your nap?" He asked, and she yawned.

"It was good. Can I go play now?" She asked, and he nodded. She ran off and he turned back to me.

"Looks like our play time can start as well." He jokes and I rolled my eyes.

"No it can't." I said and stood.

"You've been sentence to bed rest." He said, and I rolled my eyes. It's been a month with this man and he surprises me everyday with his silly side. I bite my lip and pulled him in my room. I closed my door. "I thought you said no play time." He said teasing me and I pouted not liking it. He kissed it off my face. He started off slow, taking his time.

"Speed things up." I said getting impatient. He smirked. Half way through the second round Skylar was calling for Ben. I panicked. "You have to go." I said, and he sighed.

"I do. The life of a father never stops." He said, and I smiled. He got dressed again and left the room. I laid there under the covers. Thinking. How far can we keep this going. One day he will fall in love. Then I would have to start the dating process and trust somebody all over again. If I'm honest I probably would never be intimate with another guy because trusting is hard. Trusting Ben was easy. He was calm and patient with me. Cared about myself and needs before his. He see the little spark of fear and talk it out of me. Whispering things I love to hear. He was an amazing man.

"Hey what's going on in that pretty head of yours?" Ben asked, staring at me.

"Oh nothing. Is she okay?"

"Yes, she just wanted a snack." He said laying in bed with me. I played with his fingers. "I want to say thank you for helping me take care of Skylar. She is so happy now. Seeing you are her woman figure in her life." He said, and I smiled.

"I'm happy to be here." I said. "I'm going to shower."

"I should come with." He said playfully.

"I want to be clean, not repeat what just happened." I said, and he smirked.

"Fine I'll use my bathroom." He said pouting. I rolled my eyes and kissed him softly on the lips. I stood wrapped the sheets around me and went to the bathroom. I got in the shower and cleaned myself up.