Chapter 5: Unexpected

Harry did not notice that an hour and a half had passed by. He only did when Hermione, Ron and the rest of his classmates entered the class.

"Harry!" Hermione shrieked happily, but was silenced by Snape. "Sorry, sir," she murmured. She quickly turned back to Harry, who was smiling at her. "Harry!" she said joyously again, but this time with a controlled voice. Hermione hugged Harry and Ron clasped Harry's shoulders.

"Glad to see you okay, Harry," Ron said. "Was it just really a stomachache?"

Harry nodded, "Yes, it appears so. So, what have you both been doing while I'm stuck in the Infirmary?" Harry said, wiggling his eyebrows in a way that made both of his friends flush.

"Nothing," they answered in unison. Harry actually laughed and chortled, "That's funny. The way you reacted doesn't look like you did nothing."

"Shh!" Ron admonished, putting a finger on his lips, "Harry! Really! It's scandalous to say those things. Besides," Ron went closer to whisper in Harry's ear, "I don't disrespect her at all. I just- I mean- we just hold hands and talk."

But Harry was not convinced, "Alright. Perhaps, I'll just say you are both very discreet. But really, mate, you need to take it way down." Harry's voice went so much lower, so low that not even Hermione could hear, "Umbridge hates people with love life."

"Quiet you!" Hermione said with a hidden smile. Harry only smirked.

The class began, and in the middle of it, Snape distributed the essays. To Harry's disbelief, a big, fat Exceeds Expectations was marked on his.

His eyes went wide, his lips went into a beam and how Harry wanted to jump and hug Snape, but he contented himself with a slight jump on his chair, and closing his eyes while shrieking mentally.

An E.E! Oh Sweet Circe! An Exceeds! From. Snape. An Exceeds Expectations!

Ron, seeing Harry with his eyes closed, went worried at the fear of Harry in pain again. "Harry? You okay? Is it your stomach again?"

Harry didn't answer. He only put the parchment on Ron's hands, which Ron had read with dilating blue eyes.

"WOW!" Ron gasped, "Wow, Harry! This is brill-"

"Quiet you lot! You can discuss those infernal matters of yours outside my classroom! Focus on the subject!" Snape

Harry couldn't help it but to smile happily. He couldn't believe that Snape gave him Exceeds! He has to be dreaming or something! But, to Harry's defense, even Hermione approved of his essay. He deserves that, at least.

Perhaps, an ice cream later? Harry thought happily. He pushed the excitement and focused on Snape, who was beginning the lesson for that day.

---

Oh for the love of God! What was I thinking?! Giving Potter an Exceeds!

Snape watch as the brat beamed happily. He felt weird like a knot in his stomach. He felt happy seeing Potter smiling brightly.

Why?

However, Potter did seem determined in Potions. His brewing isn't terrible. It wasn't as disastrous as Longbottom's, and the essay was thorough, well-researched and it had many points that Snape himself approved of. 

He snapped out of his daydreaming and started teaching.

-----

"So, how's the essay?" Hermione asked after they went out of the Potions classroom. She giggled when Harry started to jump up and down just like a child who received a candy. "You don't need to say anything, Harry. Your face says it all."