Chapter 33: Cold Shoulder!

It has been a two days since their argument. Their relationship hasn't been getting any better. It was safe to say that it was getting worse. In fact Hunter is even more distant and cold towards Ezra.

Ezra sighed as he opened his eyes and take in the deafening silence of the room. Hunter has returned to his old room and refused to be near the man any longer than he needed. He gently and slowly sit up on the bed and leaned against the headboard. Since their argument, Harry has made it his mission to ignore him as much as possible. The words of the boy echoed in his mind and Ezra felt like he deserved every single scathing word Hunter has said.

'Ezra was leaning against the headboard after waking up from his evening nap. Hunter have moved out of his room. The man now sleeps alone. Ever since their argument, Hunter had gotten more distant and colder. Hunter has made it his mission to ignore the man at every way possible.

The tension between them is so thick that Little Stacie and Alice could sense it. Neither would ask much as they wouldn't want to intervene their family issues. The tension is so thick that a sword could pierce through it. The coldness in Hunter's eyes could freeze a person's soul. Ezra is at a dead end. He didn't know how to fix this mess. The boy had made it clear that he doesn't want to talk or look at the older man. It's greasy dungeon bat Professor Severus Snape and Gryffindor Golden Boy Harry Potter all over again. It was times like this that made Snape hate the mistake he made. The ugly Dark Mark. The extreme favouritism he displayed towards Slytherin and Draco.

Yes, he admit that he wishes his old life back. With a sigh, Ezra held the wheelchair tightly and climbed onto the chair only for the wheelchair to wheel away. He fell on the ground with a 'thud'. He groaned and sneered at his own weakness. The sound must have alerted the young boy as a messy haired tyke popped at the door. He slowly entered and stood at the doorway.

At that moment, Ezra would have thought that Hunter would help him despite their argument. But, no. He looked up at the boy who smirked cruelly.

"Pathetic really. You can't get on your chair? Are you that weak? What happened to the All Glorious Professor Snape? Looking all weak and pathetic." said Hunter. The words slashed the man like no other. He knew why the boy did what he did. This was what he exactly did when Harry or Hunter was at his low. It hurt. Those words hurt like acid poured on him.

He wondered how Harry took his scathing words. The said boy silently, almost sulkingly brought the wheelchair back and helped the man back to the chair. Ezra rubbed his hand where he hit the ground. Hunter must have thought that the older man was trying to rub away the boy's touch.

"What? My touch disgust you now? I'm sorry I'm not Draco Malfoy. I'll wear gloves next time I touch you." murmured Harry. There was a tinge of hurt and sadness. Then those green eyes glimmered with anger. There was nothing there for days on end now except anger that it hurted Snape to even remember the way Harry- no, Hunter, his Hunter, his boy Hunter's eyes- used to be so full of life, so filled with boyhood dreams and hopes. Where was that boy he had worked so hard to rebuild?

Snape sighed, "No, Harry--"

The boy swatted Snape's hand away, as if burnt. "Don't call me that."

Four simple words, yet Snape's chest was cut open like a simple piece of paper. He looked up and tried to reach out to Harry, to bring back what part of Hunter was left, but Harry only backed away again. The boy never took off his eyes away from Snape, that it made Severus so uncomfortable.

"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you." He could hear the emotions from Harry's words, the way they seemed to punch him in the gut as the boy in front of him declared his resentment and loathing and anger. It was so heartbreaking that Severus found himself crying. Harry had long since ran up to his room, slammed the door, and then silence.'