Chapter 15: The Hartfords

Harry stared at the ceiling for hours, thinking of a name. He drift off to the time when he was at middle school when he first met his friend named Hunter. Sadly, thanks to Dudley, Hunter stopped being his friend for fear of being bullied after Dudley threatened him.

He kept thinking when a name popped up in his head. Alexander. He always liked that name. Alexander was his hero, who was a Macedonian king. According to history (one of his favorite subjects), he single-handedly manned his troops, and was never defeated in battle.

He started to form names, when the perfect name rolled out his mouth smoothly.

Hunter Alexander Hartford

It has a nice ring to it. It was perfect. He loved it. He sighed, knowing this was the next step for them to leave the wizarding world that he had grown to care.

He knew it wouldn't easy but what Snape said played his head. 'Nothing is ever easy, child.'

Damn right it hasn't. He wondered where Severus came up with that name and of course Severus Snape is the smartest man he ever knew besides Albus Dumbledore. He sat up on his bed and left the room. He walked around finding the library. After a while, he realized he was lost.

"Dobby!" He called. There popped the house elf.

"Yes Harry Potter sir? What can I do?" Asked Dobby.

"Show me where the library is. I'm lost," requested Harry.

"Of course. Follow me sir." Dobby said, leading Harry to the library.

When they arrived at the library and the house elf popped away, he looked for the black-clad man. He found him sitting at the corner of the library reading a book which most probably a potions book.

"Hunter. I want my name to be Hunter Alexander Hartford," said Harry. Severus who obviously didn't know Harry was there in front of him was startled and jumped a little. Harry smirked.

Snape scowled. "Hunter, you say? You choose that name? Hunter Alexander Hartford? It does have a nice ring to it. Alright boy. That'll be your name."

Harry turned, ready to leave, when he snapped his heels. Snape didn't tell him his name.

"What is yours?" Harry asked.

"What of mine is what, Mister Potter?"

Harry rolled his eyes, "Call me Alexander. You have to at least call me something other than Potter."

"Fine, let's get this over and done with," Snape sighed, "Alexander, then. May I reiterate? Hmm. What of mine is what, Alexander?"

Harry beamed, "Your name." Snape raised an eyebrow at him, "What?" Harry said, defending himself, "If I have to be with you, I have the right to know your name, or neighbours would get suspicious."

Snape turned back to the book he was reading. Honestly, he hasn't given it that much of thought. He didn't anticipate the boy to form a name that fast. He underestimated him, that is evident.

"Let me guess," Pot-- Alexander exclaimed. Snape was imagining the brat to be smirking by the way he was speaking, "You don't have one yet."

Snape didn't look up.

Har-- Alexander laughed. He sat in front of the man and then said, "You are a hard man to name. That I'm sure. It'll take ages to get you a perfect name. You're hard to read to be honest, Professor Snape."

Snape scowled halfheartedly and said, "Don't test me, brat. I'll come up with one. Now, do something to entertain yourself while I think of a name." Harry laughed and walk off leaving the man alone.