Chapter 8: Shock Of A Lifetime

Snape and Ron ran to the Gryffindor dormroom wondering what's wrong with Harry. Snape's heart was pounding furiously as he quickly walked to the Gryffindor dorm room with the Weaseley boy following behind. He ponder on what the boy told him.

He could see that Potter's best friend was worried of him. Yes, he did look after the boy when Dumbledore asked him to but to look after him closely. It's a broad thing.

All the while, Minerva's words echoed in his head, It's Harry.

Minerva said the password and entered the common room. He rushed in with the Weasley boy following behind. He asked, his voice turning more desperate as he cannot see the familiar black haired teen, "Where is Harry Potter?"

"In his dormitory, Severus" said Minerva.

He hastily went towards the direction of the dormitory and climbed the stairs with stealth.

As soon as he opened the door and spotted the boy, the sight before him was shocking. Harry Potter was on the floor looking pale and sickly white. He turned towards the Head Of Gryffindor House.

"Explain what happened Minerva! Why is Potter like this?" exclaimed Snape.

"I'm not sure, Severus. Potter was doing fine. Until Mr.Finnegan came running to me and told me that Potter just fainted," explained Mcgonagall.

Snape looked at the boy on the floor again, his heart almost bursting.

----()----()-------

Minerva did expect Ron Weasley burst out of the room when it comes to Harry Potter since both of them were best friends. But certainly, not one Potions Professor.

Minerva knew the history between Severus Snape and James Potter. However, she always thought he loathed Harry due to him looking like the exact copy of James Potter. She always thought of the feud between the two to be absolutely absurd.

She watched as Snape gently carried the boy to the bed and summoned a house elf. She heard him asking the house elf to call the hospital matron.

Within minutes, Poppy burst into the room. "What happened?" asked Madam Pomfrey. Minerva retold what happened. They stood aside letting Poppy to do her job. 

"Potter is physically and magically drained. His condition is deteriorating," said Madame Pomfrey.

"Did you just implied that Potter can't do magic, Poppy?" asked Snape

"No. Thankfully, we are not to that point yet. But, if he does magic, it will drain his magic core completely. We need to refer to Saint Mungo's." said the hospital matron with a furrowed brow.

Snape paled even more. This wasn't good news. Minerva and Snape knew what it meant. Harry Potter can't do magic. His condition was taking a toll on the boy whom the world was on his shoulder.

"Poppy, isn't there anything else you can do?" asked Minerva.

"No. It's not within my expertise." answered Poppy sadly, "Although I believe that the explaination for this lies within Mister Potter's body cells. There are many cases, mostly involving half-bloods such as Mister Potter and Muggleborns, to have had Magical Core Depletion due to changes in their body cells.

"As we all know, body cell changes requires magical core changes as well. In Mister Potter's case, the cell change was so drastic that it did not give the magic core time to adjust."

Snape nodded gravely.

Dear God, how was Potter supposed to react when he finds out?

He looked at the boy's dormmates, who were now surrounding them. It was Weasely who spoke first. The boy's voice was croaking, an evidence that he was about to cry.