Chapter 9: Pain and frustration

Snape arrived to a hustling a bustling St. Mungo's. He hastily let his wand out for a checking and glared at everyone that dared block his way.

When he reached the Reception, he was welcomed by a bony woman, her eyes were so small, almost Asian looking, and had spectacles over them.

"What can I do for you this fine wee hour, Sir?" She asked. Snape found her talking too childish. He instantly felt irritated.

"Severus Snape for Harry Potter," he said, his voice rough and obviously in a hurry.

"Oh. Harry Potter. Yes." She started to rummage through a series of files using her wand.

After an approximate of thirteen seconds, the woman looked up and smiled. Snape wanted to hex her. Can't she see that he was hurrying? What if Harry was to succumb to some sort of attack on his body? Or that the boy's Magic was to be drained in an instant?

"One moment," was all she said. By that time, Snape was willing to strangle her using his own hands.

Has she really no idea?

Again, she started rummaging through a bunch of files. After fifteen seconds, she was still at it.

Severus Snape was losing his patience, and was losing it fast. The bloody woman kept on smiling up at him every after a few moments.

After a few more of her looking up, Snape lost it. Harry needs him! Harry needs an adult, for that matter.

"Goddamn it, woman!" Snape cursed, "I need to see Harry Potter, now!"

When the woman only looked at him, wide eyed, Snape slammed her desk and decided that it was better to find Harry's room on his own. He turned on his heel in a snap and did a Point Me spell.

---

He did managed to find Harry's room. Healer Rubbards was there, waving a wand over Harry.

The boy was still asleep on the bed, but now in a hospital gown obviously provided by the healers. Rubbards must have sensed him, for he turned his head and pursed his lips when he caught sight of him in the doorway.

"Professor," Rubbards acknowledged. Snape nodded at the man.

"Iverson!" Rubbards called to a much younger man in Healer uniform. "Take over. I shall discuss matters with the Professor."

Rubbards then turned towards the professor and beckoned him to follow. The healer lead the both of them to his office where he would discuss about Harry Potter. Snape followed the said healer. He was worried. His heart was aching. He can't help it but to be worried. Where did all this come from? Yes. He finally accepted it that he did care for the boy.

Rubbards entered his office. He sat on the couch and pointed the chair opposite him, "Have a sit Professor Snape."

Snape sat down gracefully and crossed his leg. There was a few awkward moment of silence before Healer Rubbards spoke, "Moments before you came, Professor, Madame Pomfrey had managed a short Floo call. She and I discussed the possibility of Harry Potter being under a Magic Core Depletion case, one that was arrived at when he succumbed to his Cancer. We had managed to check him, Professor. But we need to do so again, although as a Healer I suggest potions more than healing spells and muggle treatments. It seems to have worked with him much more efficiently in the past, as his chart from the Infirmary suggests."

Snape nodded. The man surely knows what his work is. "Then what is your diagnosis, Healer?"

Rubbards pursed his lips as he put his arm on the table, "As Madame Pomfrey had said, Magical Core Depletion due to drastic changes in his body cells. His cancer diagnosis remains. We have managed to stabilize him with stabilizing potions. As of now, his Magic Core is trying trying to heal on its own, with the help of sleep. We have managed to dose him with a low lavender content Dreamless Sleep to help him and relax his nerves."