4.) Car Ride

I walked home by myself.

Now, unless you've experienced a failed suicide attempt and then promptly got beat up by some insensitive jerk's crazy girlfriend, you can't understand exactly all of the emotions I was feeling right now. If you have went through all that...doesn't it just suck?

I felt shameful and angry. Small and stupid. I picked my crumbling body and pride off the sidewalk and began to lumber down the street. I wasn't even sure where my house was from here.

I sloppily wiped blood that was seeping from my nose and down my lips. I can't believe those bitches jumped me like that--why didn't I fight back? I guess I was so stunned that I couldn't even find my fists.

Still, it was messing with my head. If that shit happened in Brooklyn, I would've but them all in body bags. But here...what's Detroit doing to me? Trying to kill myself, getting in a car with complete strangers, and having my ass handed to me by some skinny girls who look like they're hooked on coke? I was ashamed; when did Alexandra Wallace turn into this person?

Someone was leaning on the horn behind me, even though there were no other cars on the road and I was walking on the sidewalk. After almost twenty seconds, I couldn't take anymore of the annoying blare. I turned around with my middle finger hanging high. "Aye who tha' fuck-"

The car slowed down once it was next to me, and the tinted windows were rolled down until I saw Marshall and Deshaun's grinning faces.

Rage sparked inside of me. I kicked the door. "You have some fuckin' nerves!"

"See? I told you she wouldn't want to come back." Marshall grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.

Deshaun rolled his eyes. "I wouldn't feel right if I didn't try and find you. Especially after what you tried to do..."

I scoffed. "Don't give me that crap. I don't want'cha fuckin' pity."

"Do you want a fuckin' ride home or not?!" Marshall demanded, reaching over Deshaun and slamming his hand on the horn again.

I winced and flinched back. "Yes! Fine! Whatever! Anything to stop that annoying sound." Marshall smirked as I quickly got in the backseat.

My anger still hadn't subsided. I grabbed both of the boy's headrest and leaned myself forward. "Y'all have some fuckin' nerve leaving a female like that."

Marshall laughed like it was all a big joke to him. "Yo if you only knew how psycho Kim can be--she makes Norman Bates look like a pussy."

"We were just gonna drive away until she was off our tracks, then we were gonna come and pick you up." Deshaun frowned when he saw me through the interior mirror. "What happened to your face?"

"Control your fucking bitches," I shouted at Marshall, who only rolled his eyes. "They fuckin' slammed me on the pavement and started kicking me."

"Was it that fat bitch Angel? God I hate that cunt! She a fuckin' man on the low. Real shit, I think I once saw a bulge in her fuckin' jeans before."

"Fuck off, Marshall. She watched Sharonda's house when we went to New York durin' the summer." Deshaun retorted.

"Yeah, prolly so she can eat all of her food," Em snickered.

I fell back into the seat and looked flatly out the window. I wanted to go home; not to Claire, but to Brooklyn. My eyes filled with water but I blinked it back.

"Where do you live?" Deshaun asked lightly.

I shook my head, swallowing back a lump in my throat. "Just drop me off anywhere."

"What?"

"Seriously. I don't care. Just drop me off wherever."

"Look...shit, what's your name?" Deshaun looked embarrassed that he didn't ready know. In a small voice, I told him. "Okay, Alex, this isn't the cute little suburbs you probably came from. These streets are real fuckin' tough, especially to a pretty girl in the middle of the night."

"Yeah, just tell us your fucking address so we can take you home." Marshall continued.

I shot daggers out the window. "I don't know my address. I just moved here a few hours ago."

The two exchanged worried looks. "I'm not just gonna drop her off." Deshaun declared.

"I'm not saying for you to," Marshall snapped before taking a wary glance at me. "She needs somewhere to stay...I'll take her."

"But what about Kim-"

"Yo you know I moved back in w' my mom some weeks ago. An' after tonight, Kim won't come through."

Deshaun hesitated as he switched on his turning signal. "I don't know...Alex, what do you think?"

"I don't care," I breathed, not bothering to look away from the buildings moving passed us. I was exhausted and blood was still spilling down my face.

"Oookayy....I guess it's decided then." Marshall smiled and looked at me through the exterior mirror on his side of the car. "Ready to have some fun?"